Ton Tv - Page 35 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

What's the method of buying a stream of Tuesday's game?  Looked at the shop and there's no sign of a link to purchase a ticket.

ETA: ignore that - found a link to the new website in the article thanking everyone for doing the test of the stream.  They should maybe put an actual top level link on the landing page of the club website to save everyone having to search for it.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alibi said:

What's the method of buying a stream of Tuesday's game?  Looked at the shop and there's no sign of a link to purchase a ticket.

ETA: ignore that - found a link to the new website in the article thanking everyone for doing the test of the stream.  They should maybe put an actual top level link on the landing page of the club website to save everyone having to search for it.

They are hoping to get people to avoid going to the club page but to go straight to the TV page. They still need links on the homepage, shop page and ticketing page though.

17 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

They are hoping to get people to avoid going to the club page but to go straight to the TV page. They still need links on the homepage, shop page and ticketing page though.

The first place anyone who hadn't previously bought a match will go to will probably be the Club's website.  A link there in a prominent place is essential.  Once people are used to the new system, it's still important to point away supporters in the right direction.  Don't assume everyone has even heard of TonTV.  The marketing of our products is abysmal.  If I wanted to get a stream for an away game, I would look first at the official website of whoever it is - and be fairly confident it would be better sorted than our own often non-intuitive set-up.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Just now, Alibi said:

The first place anyone who hadn't previously bought a match will go to will probably be the Club's website.  A link there in a prominent place is essential.  Once people are used to the new system, it's still important to point away supporters in the right direction.  Don't assume everyone has even heard of TonTV.  The marketing of our products is abysmal.  If I wanted to get a stream for an away game, I would look first at the official website of whoever it is - and be fairly confident it would be better sorted than our own often non-intuitive set-up.

Which part did I not agree with...

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Which part did I not agree with...

Didn't say you disagreed with any of it.  Just that our marketing is poor.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

As ever. 

Just waiting for some half and half Queens Park scarves to appear...

Says the test is starting in 5 minutes. I wasn't at the Saturday test since it was like 4:30am my time.

The page styling doesn't work with the 'Toggle Lights' option, but that's not a huge deal.

EOho8Pw.png

5 hours ago, pink_panther said:

Test on tonight. Anyone else not have last weeks refund yet?

My refund came through today - I got the email on Thursday. They could have made oversights with refunds (it's worth checking), but, as with my case, refunds are still coming through as of today 

Joined tonight's test at 6:04 tonight. Minimal improvement on Saturdays test for me with buffering every minute or so that required me to refresh page re-tick the Ts&C's  5 times in a 10 minute spell. It does appear to be stabilising/improving the longer I'm on the stream to be fair.....I'm on a Windows laptop with fibre broadband running at 37mb  

26 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

They've done it again, tonight's match preview reports that Sean McGinty scored our last goal prior to lockdown in our 2-2 draw against Arbroath in March.

Double vision due to the bevvy.  Watching that game would turn anyone to drink...

Archived