Ton Tv - Page 34 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why when BBC, Sky and BT  have all come to the conclusion that the best uninterrupted side for televising matches  is the other side  are we using the stand side?  The pillars are much further back from the pitch ground side and therefore allow you to see right down the lines and a much better angle for the covering the match.

The buffering did stop entirely so it's encouraging that that improved, but it was mostly just a shot of the WDE at that time so no idea of the camerawork itself is going to improve.

Ah, thought they'd stopped there when it cut to the badge, see we're back up with a shot behind the goal at Sinclair Street... can they pan down to catch the goal and that corner of the pitch?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just now, Renfrew said:

Still up with them talking away

Aye, luckily for them they haven't said anything they shouldn't in public but they obviously have no idea it's still up. Good to hear they have a back up camera if something's wrong with the picture on one of them right enough.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Already seeing "apologies for those having trouble" tweets from Clyde, Hearts and Dundee Utd.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Just been watching Elgin city v Stirling Albion and using automatic camera, picture is perfect no buffering and follows play throughout. They didn’t even have a test stream, just straight into the game. I paid £80 for season which is 14 home games and if we get allowed back in to club then I get a ground season ticket as well. Good value and complete opposite to GMFC so far. I grew up in Greenock watching Morton but wife and I have lived in Elgin for past 35 years so follow them as well as my first love, Morton. Let’s hope the next stream is better than Tuesdays fiasco. 

8 hours ago, astuartm said:

Why when BBC, Sky and BT  have all come to the conclusion that the best uninterrupted side for televising matches  is the other side  are we using the stand side?  The pillars are much further back from the pitch ground side and therefore allow you to see right down the lines and a much better angle for the covering the match.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the reason was as mundane as not having an Ethernet point in the cowshed or something along those lines to plug the manual camera into. 

I believe the Pixellot camera is on the ‘shed side, though. Don’t know why it’s not being used for the streams.

8 hours ago, astuartm said:

Who cares about what the BBC and Sky think given the ridiculous contraptions that they set up in the Cowshed to block two-thirds of the view for fans actually inside the ground and paying to watch the spectacle. All TV coverage should be run from the main stand by default because that's where the fewest paying customers are inconvenienced by the equipment. If that means a pillar getting in the way of coverage then that's just tough: if they want a straightforward film then they can fuck off to Broadwood, Grangemouth or any other Legoland shitehole festering in the seaside leagues instead.

Though given that all the early televised games at Cappielow seem to have run from the main stand without the issues seen on Tuesday, I'm not convinced that the choice of stand is the explanatory factor here anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Good a few goals.

Let's hope they are all at the WDE.

On a serious point. I invested my last Tuesday's refund on a Queens PK PPV ticket.

I would advise supporters to buy tickets early as suggested by Morton. My experience was simple but the match did not appear on my account for two hours. So might be a problem with buying just prior to match.

Also can't  seem to get by PayPal option, maybe PC knows I have an account. It may also be the verification paying by this method needs validation before loading matchday tickets.

Buyer beware.

Archived