Ton Tv - Page 29 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

I'm more angry now having read those two statements.

It's almost as if there's not intelligent fans within our ranks who don't know anything about this kind of thing...

That's a slap in the face that is.

And if you're reading, Morton (i know you are), i wont be purchasing a season ticket any longer. Petty perhaps? But, this is the final straw.

Cunts. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A completely unacceptable statement, although at least it doesn't go quite so far as the unnamed source in the Tele blaming everyone else and throwing out an excuse worse than the dog ate my homework. Not Internet gurus :lol:

Looking at the differing stances of clubs who had issues with streams last night:

Albion Rovers - stream failed due to issue with a third party which Albion Rovers had no control over. Apology from the club and confirmation full refunds would be automatically issued last night.

Morton - Morton's own website crashes because it can't handle the number of people trying to get onto just the homepage of the site before getting near opening the stream, something which is entirely Morton's responsibility. What, you want a refund? Fuck off you peasants, why are you so ungrateful? Can't you see this is really difficult and we're trying hard? None of this is our fault!

An absolute joke of a football club.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I have no idea how likely it was, but you'd think the way the club has conducted itself over the last few days has surely ended any prospect of MacKinnon keeping his job once MCT take over. There was maybe an argument to be made for an element of continuity with someone with prior experience of running a football club and wasn't associated with the full gamut of failures of the last 20 years hanging around, rather than having a whole team of people with no experience parachuted in at once, but there's really no denying at this point that the club needs a full clearout of people in senior positions to try to dismantle the culture of incompetence and failure.

I have no doubt that MacKinnon is genuinely trying hard, and we're in unprecedented times for football clubs just now. That makes his job extremely difficult and no one can deny that, but that simply doesn't excuse the mess we've made here. Having issues with a stream is one thing, compounding it by showing utter contempt for the fanbase whose goodwill is the only thing keeping the club afloat is another entirely.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

57 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Scandalous statements. 

Your website failed, because you are incompetent.

The footage was inadequate, because you are incompetent.

People deserve refunds, because you are incompetent.

I know they tested the Pixellot camera internally and decided against it. But to not test the viewing Angles of the replacement camera or siting it in the one place that it was obstructed so much, incompetent.

Add to that not s single reference of the QOS supporters who were extra hard done by as they missed both of their goals.

Goodwill over Morton. Don't expect a penny unless you fight to earn it, which you never do.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Not really St Mirren as it's on TV so not streamed.

Aye, right enough.

Not to worry, I'm sure Morton will address the entirely justified concerns of both Morton fans and fans of every other club in the Championship about the quality of our streaming and we'll rake it in throughout the season.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Even taking into account the St. Mirren game being on the telly, it’ll be them and Partick who stream their own home games, with us getting our cut, as per the rules (assuming the same rules apply for streaming as fans turning up to watch the game).

1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

From today's Tele. 

'We're a football club, we're not technical Internet gurus'

Wow. 

20201007_075442.jpg

Whoever said this to the Tele should be putting their name to it, especially as there's a 100% chance it came from the chief executive. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

3 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

No idea of the impact of youtube on that, but yeah it's the usual cup rules where the away club receives 40% of the income.

At least we'll make money out of the St Mirren and Partick home supports, because no away fan is going to be buying a stream from Morton again after last night

This match is on Premier TV which is a subscription channel. Not sure if they offer day passes, couldn't see that option when I viewed their terms after they confirmed they would show the game.

Don't  know the contract terms, but are Sky not allowing home supporters, maybe just season ticket holders, to stream. Will at least be professional camera work.

So you pay your money and take you chances, must turn out better than tonight though they might think of getting Andy on their team.

'Several problems'...understatement of the year.

And the second part of that sentence ('we were able to transfer'...'not an ideal option') seems to suggest that they feel they were still able to provide the service, therefore no refunds.

Those statements are somehow worse than I could’ve imagined. Both were cobbled together pretty much right after kick off, and I’d hoped they’d see sense overnight and realise how both just make things worse. Nope. We have actually made the situation worse and pissed people off even more. Clown car outfit.

The whole thing is agonisingly cringe worthy. It's hugely embarrassing for the club and incredibly damaging to our chances of making anything like the most out of any income streaming matches might bring in. The statement makes it worse, as it only serves to deepen the view of the levels of incompetence involved. 

Not realising that the website would crash was bad, and predictable. Failing to let the cameraman know that he seemed to have something zoomed in which meant he kept missing the action was arguably worse. But worst of all was the fact that they put out a statement to justify their methodology, but only revealing that this was also completely ill thought out. I dread to imagine what this comprehensive review will actually involve. 

8 hours ago, hayfever said:

Might just be me, but what a great advert for MCT taking over the club. The more people that pledge, the sooner we can get new owners and a properly run club that listens to its supporters and actively engages with its local community.

Tonight was absolutely farcical and sadly absolutely predictable. It really, really shouldn't be this hard.

...if you were in any doubt about the benefits of supporters taking over, please refer to both statements from Morton today.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Archived