Ton Tv - Page 17 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/2/2020 at 2:29 PM, TRVMP said:

That the streaming platform is built into the site is a cool idea in theory, but given how slow the site is to respond now, I have the fear ahead of Tuesday when potentially dozens of people are trying to get on. Any halfway decent commercial hosting package will scale for that reason but I'm not sure we have it.

The actual streaming platform itself, the video container, is run off Amazon Web Services, so it scales dynamically, but that's not much good to the punter if the site it sits on goes down.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:59 AM, TRVMP said:

I am extremely, extremely concerned about the 'capacity' of the site. Clearly we are on a bargain basement hosting package. Football club sites have long periods of comparatively low activity, then spikes - usually coinciding with transfer news. Our hosting should take that into account. 

Like clockwork. This has been on the cards for days, if not weeks. They didn't look at their hosting capacity. I'm fairly sure the video capacity will be fine but the site's been on the verge of falling over during the tests, which only a few internet geeks like us even bothered with. And they thought it could handle a pre-match surge?

EOho8Pw.png

Any saving they made through taking the cheap option for this 'new' 'website' is going to be comfortably wiped out by the refunds they'll be giving out for tonight and failing to sell PPV streams to either casual Morton fans or away fans for the rest of the season with the reputational damage they're causing themselves.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

If only they knew how many people to expect on the website tonight by selling tickets or something crazy like that. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived