Ton Tv - Page 16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

Just bought the stream there and logged onto the test event, all surprisingly straight forward. All I need now is to get a couple of cans to chill in the fridge and then reach for the mute button as soon as Gherry opens his mouth.

Can’t wait!

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FAQs here: https://www.gmfc.net/live-match-faqs/

They should have had a page like this ready when they first started advertising it, but they've got there eventually and it all seems self-explanatory. Now it's all down to how the quality holds up.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

24 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Is that where it is, surely they'd have been better showing a friendly game. At least that way there would have been some interest and have given them an idea of how well the capacity held up when there was a few hundred logged in and streaming at the same time.

There's maybe a very good reason to be showing the good people of Leigh going about their business but I'm struggling to see it.

No doubt those who streamed it this evening would have spent no more than a couple of minutes watching before logging off. Therefore the likelihood of there being any more than a couple of dozen folk logged on at any time.

Baffling 😳

If anyone can explain please feel free to do so.

This test, is purely to check device issues.

I might have missed it but when does the stream actually start? 7.30 for a 7.45 kick off? Obviously not expecting any sort of massive build up but have they mentioned anything other than Gherry and Andy Ritchie commentating?

And who will be doing the Twitter updates now Ewan has been unceremoniously emptied from his position in the most unsurprising move of the close season?

Theyve still not tested the demands that will be expected tomorrow in a game situation, we had a training session but the fact they never tested a full game is an odd one.

Easy enough to register and buy though, hopefully that means good amounts choose to watch

1 minute ago, Toby said:

I might have missed it but when does the stream actually start? 7.30 for a 7.45 kick off? Obviously not expecting any sort of massive build up but have they mentioned anything other than Gherry and Andy Ritchie commentating?

And who will be doing the Twitter updates now Ewan has been unceremoniously emptied from his position in the most unsurprising move of the close season?

30 mins before according to the FAQ

On 10/4/2020 at 4:04 PM, Renfrew said:

Prem PPV Prices

Livingston - £20.00

St Johnstone - £17.50 

Hamilton - £15.00

Hibs - £15.00

Ross County - £15.00

Aberdeen - £12.99

Kilmarnock - £12.50 

Dundee United - £12.50

St Mirren - £12.50

Motherwell - £12.00

Rangers - £9.99

Celtic don't offer PPV, only available to season ticket holders 

£20 to watch Livi online :lol: 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

On 10/4/2020 at 5:03 PM, TRVMP said:

Anyone pricing the streams at .99 is a fucking wrong 'un.

9 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

£20 to watch Livi online :lol: 

Not enough attention being drawn to the fact that away fans can’t watch their team at Celtic Park because Celtic just don’t want to sell a stream to them.

What a fucking rancid club, rotten to the core.

53 minutes ago, Toby said:

Not enough attention being drawn to the fact that away fans can’t watch their team at Celtic Park because Celtic just don’t want to sell a stream to them.

What a fucking rancid club, rotten to the core.

I've saw loads of Celtic fans confused and raging when their away games arent included in their season ticket and they need to sign up for other teams PPV. They're delusional 

On 10/3/2020 at 3:55 PM, dunning1874 said:

It's good that signing up is possible now, but it's still so shambolic. The only reason any of us know is people stumbling on it by accident when looking at the shop on the website.

If they want people to be buying it they should have been screaming from the rooftops that it's now on sale here with a link on every form of social media and a message on the front page of the website. Instead the latest update is that they'll let us know how to stream "well in advance of kick off". That update is accessed from a news section which sits beneath a message that our next match is against Alloa on 17th October.

They have a load of our email addresses as well, they should be pushing it to everyone whose details they have, but that's asking a bit much when they can’t even get a tweet or the information on their own website right.

Similarly, if they need big numbers to take part in these test events last night and tonight so it's a comparable test for the platform, they should be getting pushed widely to everyone who's willing to buy. How much of a test is it going to be if you only get 25 people who've stumbled on it by accident registering for the test when you could have had hundreds if you just bothered your arse to advertise it? Then again, we might not get more than 25 buying it with all they've done to promote it.

This is a new level of incompetence. I never thought I'd be saying this, but it's not only a step backwards in competence from Warren Hawke - who made his own position untenable through repeated gross incompetence - it's bigger commerical incompetence than we've seen at all in the 19 years of Golden Casket's tenure. When we effectively had no commercial presence whatsoever 10 years ago and were making season tickets available only about a month before the season started, it wasn't as amateurish and downright laughable as this.

It really shouldn't be this hard. It should be blindingly obvious to the club that season tickets and streaming options should be advertised everywhere and if it's not then we're in bigger trouble than I realised.

It's also galling that supporters are being encourage to donate more to MCT to help the first-team, when the most basic of revenue drivers are not being advertised through even the most basic of channels.

I wonder at times if the club actively looks at supporter feedback and willfully ignores it because they think they know best.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

On 10/3/2020 at 8:30 PM, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

I suspect the underlying problem to all of what's going on at Cappielow is that we have a Chief Exec who is chief cook and bottle washer.

I'm sure he's doing his best under the circumstances but he's being asked to do far too much and ends up doing just enough of everything to keep the plates spinning. A lesson for MCT when they take over that it's all right working with the bare bones of an operation but you get what you pay for. MCT will need a lot of help with the running of the club and not just from paid employees.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:42 PM, vikingTON said:

Has he been asked to do too much, or has he chosen to expand his brief to areas that don't make much sense for a CE to be running? Take the match updates on Twitter last season for example: there was no obvious Raes or budget-based requirement for the chief executive to do that job - even a fucking pub team in the Lowland League gets someone far down the pecking order to do that task. That suggests a desire to micro-manage instead and when you try to do that then yawning omissions are always going to happen. 

A football club of this size will always rely to some degree on the goodwill of volunteers as well as its paid employees who could still be doing better with their skills elsewhere*. If the current regime doesn't have those resources available then it's a failure to either understand the concerns of those who were cooperating with the club before or to get new ones on board.

It's really not that difficult to get others to help with some of the basics and get some tasks off your plate. I've mentioned getting a Marketing Manager (or similar) in place previously, as someone who (amongst other things):

• - makes sure the brand is consistently and accurately represented
  • - keeps (all) social media platforms updated** and interacts with supporters and the wider world where appropriate
  • - creates, curates, develops and publishes content relating to the club's activities (including the Community Trust)
  • - assists in the development and advertising of revenue driving opportunities, such as the streaming service
  • - plus your usual marketing tasks, such as Google ads, ticketing and marketing slogans and campaigns, etc etc

That is absolutely not outlandish to expect for one person with some part-time or volunteer support, based on my time working for a club in the EFL League Two.

*I - and many of my colleagues - were underpaid for the the hours we worked and the experience we brought, but working for a football club of course brought many benefits and perks and really was the highlight of my career so far (which says something about my career as well...)

**Social media updates on matchdays are regularly carried out across the country by media/journalism students. In my old job we had a student carrying out supplementary matchday filming, presented as post-match video content to complement the basic highlights package. The club retained the IP when he finished his placement and it's now the most watched piece of content each fortnight. The student's first job out of uni was with Huddersfield in their first season in the Premier League so there were huge benefits for both parties. 

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

10 hours ago, Deego said:

The club really need to advertise the games on the homepage of gmfc.net. Few folk (non-Morton fans, or once-a-season-at-best Morton fans) have said to me they fancy signing up but can't see any info about it.

Saw all the Tweets yesterday but only just bought my stream ticket this morning. The FAQs are nowhere to be seen on the homepage of the site (so you'd only know about it if you're on Twitter, because the club seem to forget that Facebook also exists at times at the moment). The stream ticket is quite obviously under "shop" instead of tickets on the site.

Once I found it though, the process was surprisingly smooth.

Will it be as smooth when watching later? 😅

Archived