Ton Tv - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Madton said:

See Queens have confirmed it will be a tenner for all their league games this season and that they have worked with all championship club's on the pricing so expect we will be the same.

I don't really mind the financial hit I'm taking as a season ticket holder, I fundamentally bought one to help the club etc and fully expected the stream price to be cheaper but would imagine a few will be pissed off at spending £80 more.

Guess the benefit is that your 1st on the list once/if fans are allowed back.

It's the correct decision (if true) as paying full matchday experience prices for a shite stream is a nonsense.

As was selling/buying season tickets at full price though before streaming was fully confirmed and priced.

Those that bought 'to help the club' probably won't mind too much.

Those that bought looking for value from it (when it barely represents value under normal circumstances) made a terrible decision, to shell out hundreds of pounds without fully knowing what you would get for it.

They can moan, but they weren't sold a season ticket explicitly on the value of streams.

33 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

It's the correct decision (if true) as paying full matchday experience prices for a shite stream is a nonsense.

As was selling/buying season tickets at full price though before streaming was fully confirmed and priced.

Those that bought 'to help the club' probably won't mind too much.

Those that bought looking for value from it (when it barely represents value under normal circumstances) made a terrible decision, to shell out hundreds of pounds without fully knowing what you would get for it.

They can moan, but they weren't sold a season ticket explicitly on the value of streams.

£10 a game might work because it will encourage away fans to pay. I'm not sure if it makes sense based on the home support. It's the same with attending matches - you'll always be able to get fans to pay over the odds, but it's difficult to find the balance on getting the additional customers through reducing the prices. Value is less important than what will actually bring in the most money. 

In that sense, selling the season tickets before setting out prices for viewing individual matches was the only sensible option for the club, otherwise they would've lost out on money that a certain hardcore of fans were always going to pay. If you started with £10 per game and then not many beyond that hardcore were actually bothered about watching a stream, then the club would have lost out. 

9 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

£10 a game might work because it will encourage away fans to pay. I'm not sure if it makes sense based on the home support. It's the same with attending matches - you'll always be able to get fans to pay over the odds, but it's difficult to find the balance on getting the additional customers through reducing the prices. Value is less important than what will actually bring in the most money. 

In that sense, selling the season tickets before setting out prices for viewing individual matches was the only sensible option for the club, otherwise they would've lost out on money that a certain hardcore of fans were always going to pay. If you started with £10 per game and then not many beyond that hardcore were actually bothered about watching a stream, then the club would have lost out. 

From a revenue protection point of view, fair enough, protect the higher price.

Doesn't make it any less a huge example of Scottish football ripping off fans and taking them for granted though. Just a few short months after begging fans not to claim a justifiable refund for service not delivered.

Prem PPV Prices

Livingston - £20.00

St Johnstone - £17.50 

Hamilton - £15.00

Hibs - £15.00

Ross County - £15.00

Aberdeen - £12.99

Kilmarnock - £12.50 

Dundee United - £12.50

St Mirren - £12.50

Motherwell - £12.00

Rangers - £9.99

Celtic don't offer PPV, only available to season ticket holders 

22 hours ago, Madton said:

See Queens have confirmed it will be a tenner for all their league games this season and that they have worked with all championship club's on the pricing so expect we will be the same.

I don't really mind the financial hit I'm taking as a season ticket holder, I fundamentally bought one to help the club etc and fully expected the stream price to be cheaper but would imagine a few will be pissed off at spending £80 more.

Guess the benefit is that your 1st on the list once/if fans are allowed back.

Agree with what you say. Few of us asked for our residual tickets to be refunded and bought next season's ticket to keep the club alive.

Interested to find our how our Edinburgh rivals price PPV as they charged the 36 game rate for their season ticket holders and normally charge premium rates for away supporters.

Yes the Ranger's rate is a joke but at least you don't get a one pence in change, it being bacs

Celtic on the other hand is season ticket politics. How do away fans get a look in which is not fair giving all OF away games and OF matches will be on Sky. Even Sky are doing great deals and I signed up for 9 months HD at £23/month for 3 passes on their NOW TV platform to help get me through the Covid winter restrictions.

I think £10 is a fair rate, while missing the away matchday experience I will be viewing all away games if confirmed.

Sadly laptop's N key packed in so awaiting delivery of new one today and then will give the PPV purchase system ago. 

Morton have had a lot of stick for being slow, poor information and lack of clarity around streaming so found this thread pinned yesterday on P&B interesting:

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/265747-2020-2021-ppv-summarylinks/

Alloa, Arbroath, ICT and QOS all not up and running yet. Arbroath still avaiting some installation work, Alloa awaiting updates before they can be able to sell PPV and ICT allegedly won't be ready until the league season starts. There's also very little pricing information available yet.

Just putting It into some perspective.

5 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I just had it confirmed that commentary tomorrow night will be provided by Gerry McDade and Andy Ritchie.

Awaiting the incoming seethe and unnecessary placing of H in Gerry's name.

Seethe about something that has been known since his appointment...

9 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I just had it confirmed that commentary tomorrow night will be provided by Gerry McDade and Andy Ritchie.

Awaiting the incoming seethe and unnecessary placing of H in Gerry's name.

Good commentator by the sounds of it

1 minute ago, dive! said:

I've just bought the stream for tomorrow night. Do they send out a link or something? The receipt just says 'Login into your account to view the match'?

Go into your account then my purchases...you watch from the link on there

1 hour ago, dive! said:

I've just bought the stream for tomorrow night. Do they send out a link or something? The receipt just says 'Login into your account to view the match'?

Your username should be firstname.secondname and you should have setup a password when you first signed up so you "should" be able to log on using other devices too.

13 minutes ago, Scapaflow said:

Streaming the webcam at Leith 

Is that where it is, surely they'd have been better showing a friendly game. At least that way there would have been some interest and have given them an idea of how well the capacity held up when there was a few hundred logged in and streaming at the same time.

There's maybe a very good reason to be showing the good people of Leigh going about their business but I'm struggling to see it.

No doubt those who streamed it this evening would have spent no more than a couple of minutes watching before logging off. Therefore the likelihood of there being any more than a couple of dozen folk logged on at any time.

Baffling 😳

If anyone can explain please feel free to do so.

Archived