Ton Tv - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

Found it curious that the club Twitter was suggesting that they don’t actually know what what devices can be used. I’d have thought that’d be something clearly established by whatever software is used for the service, rather than an unknown factor that has to be tested?

AWMSC

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EanieMeany said:

Found it curious that the club Twitter was suggesting that they don’t actually know what what devices can be used. I’d have thought that’d be something clearly established by whatever software is used for the service, rather than an unknown factor that has to be tested?

There will be a standard list somewhere from the provider. Most of the issues seemed to be people doing non-standard things like watching direct on smart TVs (unlikely) and streaming to Chromecast (which the club say they tried and it works).

Think the only option for watching on TV is through Amazon Silk Browser on Fire Stick. Which really limits the market for this - it has to be compatible with TV browsers if this is to have any chance of being a real success. 

Mon the Ton

14 minutes ago, BishyTON said:

Think the only option for watching on TV is through Amazon Silk Browser on Fire Stick. Which really limits the market for this - it has to be compatible with TV browsers if this is to have any chance of being a real success. 

If only they would invent a way that you could cast or plug In your laptop/phone to a TV...

Other than your TV being wall mounted there shouldn’t be any issue with connecting up a laptop. If it’s on a tablet you’ve bought the stream and you don’t have Apple TV then that knackers you for everything, not just Morton. 

27 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Other than your TV being wall mounted there shouldn’t be any issue with connecting up a laptop. If it’s on a tablet you’ve bought the stream and you don’t have Apple TV then that knackers you for everything, not just Morton. 

Indeed.

None of the premiership streams support smart TV browsers officially (some work but too many TVs and brands and versions for them to bother).

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Indeed.

None of the premiership streams support smart TV browsers officially (some work but too many TVs and brands and versions for them to bother).

Aye, there's a lot of justified complaints but it's a but harsh to moan about every smart TV and device where the browsers don't really work with anything. 

45 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Aye, there's a lot of justified complaints but it's a but harsh to moan about every smart TV and device where the browsers don't really work with anything. 

I'm not bothered about watching it on the TV but I'd like to know what devices it is going to work on. Do we just sign up and then sit down and hope for the best come 7ish on Tuesday?

I've got three laptops on three different operating systems so I'm sure I'll get it working but I'd rather not have to fanny about with it.

46 minutes ago, Deego said:

Noticed the game is being advertised on Twitter, but not Facebook, Instagram or gmfc.net...

And that’s from a man with three different laptops on three different operating systems

1 hour ago, Deego said:

Noticed the game is being advertised on Twitter, but not Facebook, Instagram or gmfc.net...

That shit does my head in. How hard is one consistent marketing message across all platforms? Same should apply with all content.

Actually, clicked on Morton's Linked In for the first time the other day. I see them posting on there about marketing and sponsorship opportunities. Was a shock to see that at all from Morton, but on Linked In and nowhere else?

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/greenock-morton-football-club-47696215b_advertising-marketing-opportunity-activity-6709782872133316608-imnT

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

That shit does my head in. How hard is one consistent marketing message across all platforms? Same should apply with all content.

Actually, clicked on Morton's Linked In for the first time the other day. I see them posting on there about marketing and sponsorship opportunities. Was a shock to see that at all from Morton, but on Linked In and nowhere else?

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/greenock-morton-football-club-47696215b_advertising-marketing-opportunity-activity-6709782872133316608-imnT

They should just use a social media management app/platform where they can design one message to be sent out on all platforms. In my work we use Buffer, could use hootsuite or any of the free software out there. Probably too much to ask but hey, it'd sort the problem of being active on 1 platform and not others

15 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I'm fairly good with technology, but a but challenged with some aspects of it.

So, are you saying if I signed up and bought the stream on an iPad (which I did)  I cannot watch it on a laptop?

Can I not just sign in to my account and watch it?

Given that I bought yesterday's test stream at the same time, I managed to get access on my Android phone and watched about 5/6 minutes despite being in the middle of a large supermarket at the time.

28 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I'm fairly good with technology, but a but challenged with some aspects of it.

So, are you saying if I signed up and bought the stream on an iPad (which I did)  I cannot watch it on a laptop?

Can I not just sign in to my account and watch it?

Given that I bought yesterday's test stream at the same time, I managed to get access on my Android phone and watched about 5/6 minutes despite being in the middle of a large supermarket at the time.

You could login and watch on another device. Not at the same time (if we have set that bit up correctly).

See Queens have confirmed it will be a tenner for all their league games this season and that they have worked with all championship club's on the pricing so expect we will be the same.

I don't really mind the financial hit I'm taking as a season ticket holder, I fundamentally bought one to help the club etc and fully expected the stream price to be cheaper but would imagine a few will be pissed off at spending £80 more.

Guess the benefit is that your 1st on the list once/if fans are allowed back.

Archived