Ton Tv - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

38 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Little more than season ticket holders for league games, so little to no revenue.

A couple of hundred for the first cup game if lucky and Morton have it set up in time, dropping significantly thereafter.

Many issues affecting it - appetite to PPV games, Morton being tasked with getting it going, the quality of stream being inferior to what people want from live football (particularly at premium price), the quality of action in games without fans being inferior and the lack of atmosphere making it a dull watch.

Maybe im far too optimistic but only a few hundred for the first game in 6 months? Would imagine loads of Morton and Queens fans would be up for sitting with a few beers in the house next Tues watching our first game back. 

Would agree on the factors of course but im talking hypothetically assuming everything is set up and working as expected, at a reasonable price. 

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, BishyTON said:

I think take up will be decent if it is priced properly (i.e. no more than £10) and the quality is at least decent. If they try to charge £20 or so then they will get nobody at all, regardless of how good the stream is. 

Really we should know the answers to these questions by now. But it isn't surprising in the slightest that we don't. 

Given season ticket prices, league matches will be at least £15 to stream. I wouldn't be surprised by £20 but might be something like £18.

12 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Hard to believe that many people parting with that much money when they don't know what they're getting for it. 

I think most fans bought season tickets knowing that they might be watching streams. It's more about supporting the club and watching the matches in whatever way that's possible. 

14 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Remember, Hearts fans planned on boycotting ours (and everyone else’s) streams anyway because we told them to do one in the Summer.

I'm on a few Facebook groups about old grounds, football kits etc. and Hearts fans are still barging into any threads that have anything to do with Scottish football in them to complain. Some old guy posted some excellent photos of Troon's ground, and some Jambo dick tried to turn it into a harangue about how the SPFL has too much deadwood and how clubs need to go under. They've been completely and utterly broken.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, Toby said:

True, I’m only guessing of course, but the last time I was in about a month ago I was told 300 had been sold. Sales will of course level off after the folk who always buy them get theirs, but another 200 in the space of a month would hardly be a massive amount to shift, especially when it was only recently that it became apparent that getting into games is a non starter any time soon.

Yeah, I don't doubt the numbers, just find it crazy that many people parting with the cash when it represented terrible value this year.

1 hour ago, Madton said:

Maybe im far too optimistic but only a few hundred for the first game in 6 months? Would imagine loads of Morton and Queens fans would be up for sitting with a few beers in the house next Tues watching our first game back. 

Would agree on the factors of course but im talking hypothetically assuming everything is set up and working as expected, at a reasonable price. 

There's no precedent to compare. Going to the football is a habit. There's no habit for paying however much it will be to stream soulless games. We will also suffer from other leagues having started. People will have seen some of the product and realise that it's just not the same.

I dont expect the price to be reasonable for what it is.

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

I think most fans bought season tickets knowing that they might be watching streams. It's more about supporting the club and watching the matches in whatever way that's possible. 

I agree some will have bough out of some philanthropic desire to support the club at this time. A lot of money to shell out for streams though.

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

The 'Tickets and Membership' page on the site still has last season's gate information up.

Aye, but it's great value, you get to see the games that never were as they are promoting "2019/20 Season Tickets (Full 18 League Matches)".

Personally, I’d pay a tenner to watch a live streamed Morton game. If it got to £15 or more I’d probably give it a miss.

Maybe get 350-400 regular watchers... the season ticket holders plus a few dozen more.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

54 minutes ago, EdinTon said:

Unpopular opinion but there's a bit of unfairness going on there.

If that was Brendan or previously Euan replying to individual tweets from their own account it would be met with 'commendable, great credit to the club' but for Gerry it's unprofessional.

On the other hand, when replying to tweets with the official account last week, it was also met with claims of being unprofessional?

Not trying to defend the guy, but seems a tad unfair, as contentious as the subject matter is.

Archived