Ton Tv - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Doesn't really matter what's being used. 

There's a lot that can go wrong so hoping it all falls into place on the first game of the season is a asking for trouble. 

I agree, just saying that they had an existing system so their need for testing isn't as strong.

On 9/27/2020 at 10:28 AM, Jamie_M said:

Supposedly the system takes a few goes to calibrate itself which should alleviate some of the jerkiness and tracking the wrong area. Makes it essential that there are tests and not just because Morton gonna Morton it.

Interesting you say most championship clubs aren't using it. BBC had reported that only Hearts weren't using it.

I'm not coming from any ITK position myself saying that, just from seeing what volunteers/employees at other clubs are saying.

Anyway, our first competitive game at Cappielow is a week tomorrow. Obviously people start from a position of cynicism with this kind of thing where Morton are concerned as it is, but without a test or really anything being said about it in public at all I am not confident of streaming going smoothly.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Should we not also have the streaming site plastered all over the official home page, info on how to sign up to watch games etc by now? Cutting it very fine if they actually want to encourage people to pay for the games.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

7 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Should we not also have the streaming site plastered all over the official home page, info on how to sign up to watch games etc by now? Cutting it very fine if they actually want to encourage people to pay for the games.

According to the website our next match is 17 October so you're asking a bit much there.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

10 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

According to the website our next match is 17 October so you're asking a bit much there.

Noticed that also. We better not hear another moan about budget while they can't be bothered to even try bringing in revenue. Hopeless.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

55 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Yeah, I'd have thought it'd be promoted as a big PPV-style event. Return of Morton and all that. 

Presumably it wont be on the season ticket? Many would we expect to sign up for a streaming service, 500- 750 ? With lockdown restrictions not allowing you in other homes, it  should encourage more to sign up individually. Would imagine the same amount of Queens fans would sign up for it too. Could easily be 1000+ collectively which could be 10-15k of revenue depending on price.

Id be absolutely buzzing to pay a £10-15  to watch a Morton game next Tues online but you just sense its going to be an absolute feck up. Club better hope its up and running smoothly before the 1st league game otherwise there will be a lot of unhappy season ticket holders to deal with.

Bolton's Average attendance is 14k, they sold 2000 passes for their last streamed game. Colchester have an average 3500 and sold 400. 

I know its nothing to do with us, just read about it this morning. Anyway, if we saw a similar conversion rate then youre talking nowhere near 1k. Think more about 5-600 in total.

9 minutes ago, so72 said:

Bolton's Average attendance is 14k, they sold 2000 passes for their last streamed game. Colchester have an average 3500 and sold 400. 

I know its nothing to do with us, just read about it this morning. Anyway, if we saw a similar conversion rate then youre talking nowhere near 1k. Think more about 5-600 in total.

How did you work out 5-600 based on a similar conversion rate rather than half that number?

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

How did you work out 5-600 based on a similar conversion rate rather than half that number?

In total I meant ourselves and Queens. Didnt realise quite how low both our average attendance is. 

Its a bit haphazard as it wasnt average home support attendance, just average overall home attendance. Still - if you say its 1/7th then Morton looking at - 270 (based on 2018) and Queens at - 240. 

Also, the EFL's rules (which are what made the paper) are - all home and first 500 away team stream purchases go to the home side. Anymore away go to the away team. 

We'll probably end up with about 500 season ticket holders anyway, so they'd be included in any list of subscriptions. I doubt you'd even get 30 individual subscriptions for games outwith Hearts though. And it might be worth noting the the BBC today announced that their first two games (home v Dundee and away v Arbroath) will be live, and I'd imagine this will be a recurring theme. Any potential revenue from Hearts fans subscribing to our own strem could be wiped out by live TV coverage.

8 minutes ago, Madton said:

Might well be, many you thinking?

Little more than season ticket holders for league games, so little to no revenue.

A couple of hundred for the first cup game if lucky and Morton have it set up in time, dropping significantly thereafter.

Many issues affecting it - appetite to PPV games, Morton being tasked with getting it going, the quality of stream being inferior to what people want from live football (particularly at premium price), the quality of action in games without fans being inferior and the lack of atmosphere making it a dull watch.

I think take up will be decent if it is priced properly (i.e. no more than £10) and the quality is at least decent. If they try to charge £20 or so then they will get nobody at all, regardless of how good the stream is. 

Really we should know the answers to these questions by now. But it isn't surprising in the slightest that we don't. 

Mon the Ton

10 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Hard to believe that many people parting with that much money when they don't know what they're getting for it. 

True, I’m only guessing of course, but the last time I was in about a month ago I was told 300 had been sold. Sales will of course level off after the folk who always buy them get theirs, but another 200 in the space of a month would hardly be a massive amount to shift, especially when it was only recently that it became apparent that getting into games is a non starter any time soon.

Archived