Ton Tv - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Making a new YouTube channel for Ton TV makes absolutely no sense, especially given we have a very respectable audience built up on the old channel. I just don't get it. 

Even searching for the new Nesbitt interview - the first 3 results were from the old account. Don’t get it

1 hour ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

Is subscribing to a YouTube channel proving to be difficult for some people?

No, and that’s not the point. We’ve abandoned an already established channel (which we started after abandoning another already established channel) to go on a new one. I’ve no complaints about the content, Gerry’s doing a good job so far, but that was an odd move.

4 minutes ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

Maybe a new channel was the easiest way to go when setting up the new streaming service. Setting up the different access levels for ST holders, ppv customers, channel subscribers and casual visitors is possibly easier if starting with a clean slate.

I'm just guessing though.

Little of which will have anything to do with YouTube.

In the off-chance that the club uses YT for its subscription service (which I think is a bad idea for numerous reasons) then sticking with the established channel would have been far better since part of the eligibility metric is subscriptions and views, neither of which the new channel comes close to hitting.

They're almost certainly not doing this.

As long as we're just guessing, my guess is that they're having Gerry upload to TonTV and not sharing the main account's password or login.

EOho8Pw.png

10 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

Am I the only one that cringes when watching these interviews?

The solution is not to watch them. Gherry McDhade’s insufferable, but I’ve got the gist of everything by reading what you lot on here have to say without listening to his shite patter.

In fairness I just got around to watching the Nesbitt interview and it's quite good. Could do with being a few minutes shorter maybe, and other than the inexplicable dinner plate to Gerry's left, having the interviews in the dressing room (which looks very smart for a club of our level) is far better than the previous setup. Sound quality still sub-optimal but getting better.

The wee scrolling McTear's logo is cringe, but whatever, it's another tenner for the Gavin Gunning fund.

From little acorns will the mighty oak of Morton's media presence grow.

EOho8Pw.png

45 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Can I shock you? I don’t mind Gerry, and think he’s doing a pretty good job so far. I’m not particularly arsed about his allegiances. 

I don't really know much about him either. Wasn't it the case that he worked with Celtic, as opposed to actively supported/supports them?

Personally, i think it's a massive upgrade!

Can't have our cake and eat it

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived