Ton Tv - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

3 hours ago, dmcewan16 said:

We must provide a better fan experience. We could do with providing fans with wifi and that way the club could push out messages on match day via an app. The app could be used to provide info on how busy the toilets are as well as show areas that need cleaned after the match etc.

Oh wow :lol:

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, dmcewan16 said:

We must provide a better fan experience. We could do with providing fans with wifi and that way the club could push out messages on match day via an app. The app could be used to provide info on how busy the toilets are as well as show areas that need cleaned after the match etc.

I can just imagine everyone checking their phone at the same time to read the announcement "someone's having a jobby, so avoid the toilets".

*insert signature here*

On 8/25/2020 at 11:49 PM, Renfrew said:

Interesting set up... unmanned and automated cameras

On 8/26/2020 at 6:11 AM, dunning1874 said:

Highly unlikely and I guess we'll see for ourselves when streaming starts, but I live in hope that these will do away with the need for a fucking camera gantry in the middle of the Cowshed ever again.

The BBL moved their basketball broadcasts to youtube using unmanned and automated cameras - and they track the game fine 99% of the time.

The cameras they use struggle with the indoor lighting at some venues - and despite being announced as 4K were definently not up to tv broadcast standard. So much so that when an international was held at one of the venues they went to traditional manned cameras and despite no change in the arena lighting, the quality was so much better as the manned cameras used are a better technology level.

So for tv I suspect cowshed gantry will be there and those auto cameras will just be for live web tv and highlight programs on tv.

22 minutes ago, ayrstorm said:

The BBL moved their basketball broadcasts to youtube using unmanned and automated cameras - and they track the game fine 99% of the time.

The cameras they use struggle with the indoor lighting at some venues - and despite being announced as 4K were definently not up to tv broadcast standard. So much so that when an international was held at one of the venues they went to traditional manned cameras and despite no change in the arena lighting, the quality was so much better as the manned cameras used are a better technology level.

So for tv I suspect cowshed gantry will be there and those auto cameras will just be for live web tv and highlight programs on tv.

I think a lot of bigger teams use them for video analysis of training so should be good enough to do the job without having to invest too much. 

They'll need to sort out the connectivity for it though so should be looking at doing a trial run before the games start. 

On 8/28/2020 at 6:05 PM, irnbru said:

I think a lot of bigger teams use them for video analysis of training so should be good enough to do the job without having to invest too much. 

They'll need to sort out the connectivity for it though so should be looking at doing a trial run before the games start. 

Killies analyst posted this from their tactic cam, if it’s the same system then it seems good

On 8/28/2020 at 5:40 PM, ayrstorm said:

Ours will shut down the first time it pans past a pillar.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

On 8/30/2020 at 4:58 PM, AyrshireTon said:

Ours will shut down the first time it pans past a pillar.

Of course it would be impossible to site the camera in the directors’ box, from where a clear uninterrupted view is possible.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Of course it would be impossible to site the camera in the directors’ box, from where a clear uninterrupted view is possible.

A rant that would normally be justified in relation to Cowshed gantries etc but misplaced in this instance despite the jokes about pillars.

By the look of it, from the shared photo of them installing it, looks like it will be attached to the pillar.

The sound quality is getting better. Still sounds like they're in a submarine, but it's getting better. Multiple cameras. Decent interview all told.

He says that near enough everyone who has re-signed has taken a wage cut (I doubt we're alone in that, it's a truncated season after all) but players want to stay with Hopkin.

He also says we're "three, four, five players short" and that they need to strengthen certain positions. Glad that's the view from inside the club as well as out.

EOho8Pw.png

4 hours ago, TRVMP said:

He also says we're "three, four, five players short" and that they need to strengthen certain positions. Glad that's the view from inside the club as well as out.

Massive alarm bells going off at hinting at needing more MCT money to make those signings though. If the money isn't there for those 3-5 players in the existing budget, Hopkin should have kept money back by not giving contracts to just a few of Millar, Muirhead, Omar, Oliver, Hynes, McGrattan, Rodgers and Easdale. That's eight wages being spent that could be diverted to what we actually need without noticably weakening us.

Edit: Realise you were replying to McAlister's interview and everything McAlister said was absolutely fine and unobjectionable, it was Hopkin's interview where the begging bowl came out.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That was a grim interview. First time I've ever heard Hopkin sound so defeatest. Staying in the league suddenly becomes the only priority and anything else will be a bonus. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

11 minutes ago, port-ton said:

That was a grim interview. First time I've ever heard Hopkin sound so defeatest. Staying in the league suddenly becomes the only priority and anything else will be a bonus. 

He was giving it that patter in public all of last season as well.

If the manager has frustrations then he should be taking it up in private with either the current regime that 'finances' the club as well as his mates who have unearthed the grand total of zero Championship-ready gems from the dog and duck leagues in England. Or indeed himself for building a squad that is already overloaded with attacking but not goalscoring sand-dancers and about 17 central midfielders as well.

The fans who are currently contributing to MCT are doing so having not seen a single ball kicked over the past six months in the middle of an economic meltdown. To call them out to do more is foolish and bites the only hand that is feeding him right now.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived