Ton Tv - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Toby said:

It is nice to have a presenter that is clearly passionate and knowledgable about his club, though.

I like Gerry and don’t want to sound ignorant here but what’s the actual deal with him? Where did he come from... what’s his connection to us and what makes him qualified for the role he’s taken on with us? 

1 hour ago, Renfrew said:

what’s his connection to us and what makes him qualified for the role he’s taken on with us? 

🤷‍♂️ no idea. Presume he's pals with MacKinnon and that if you work for Celtic in any capacity means you can work for Morton in any capacity too, even though the roles don't sound similar at all, judging by his LinkedIn.

46 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Given the backdrop on that video in assuming he's local.

Anyone know?

Think he's a full time hairdresser and works for the club part time. 

I don't mind his videos, etc and they are a lot better than what we're used to but PR and generating media aren't really the same thing.

The club really need someone with a marketing background to work on a strategy, brand guidelines, etc. 

Gerry is a full time hairdresser. He was a partner in Stewart’s in Greenock for years. 

He’s been involved with various production activities for 10+ years and left his role as a hairdresser to work for Celtic full time, mainly for Celtic TV. He also has authored a few books and regularly MCs local events.

He left The full time Celtic Jon and went back to working as a hairdresser while keeping part time activity going. He’s done a few local events “An evening with” type affairs, including with Andy Ritchie. He’s a local guy (Largs I believe) and don’t think he has ever hidden the fact he’s a Celtic fan.

He's qualified at his job and I enjoy him in the content. Couldn't care less who he supports tbh.

TonTv sounds like it's going to be a proper commercial idea for the club, so having someone who can interview, present and commentate at a good level is a bonus. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

36 minutes ago, port-ton said:

He's qualified at his job and I enjoy him in the content. Couldn't care less who he supports tbh.

TonTv sounds like it's going to be a proper commercial idea for the club, so having someone who can interview, present and commentate at a good level is a bonus. 

Yeah I agree imo he comes across quite well.

Would rather he, or anyone involved with the club, weren't as staunch supporters of the ugly sisters, but hey ho.

31 minutes ago, port-ton said:

He's qualified at his job and I enjoy him in the content. Couldn't care less who he supports tbh.

This is where we differ on him. I’ve never heard him commentate but I really, really hate his content.

The club are obviously trying to project a slicker image, and I dare say that in doing that, this is the sort of guy that you’ll get, someone with a fake tan, veneers and horrendous patter- see Gerry McCulloch at Celtic and David Tanner at Hibs. Give me a Jim Spence before a David Tanner any day of the week though.

Small mercies though, if JJ was still here we could’ve had fucking Jean involved.

Archived