Commercial Activity - Page 44 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

16 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

May well already be planned, but I'd like to see the winners go head to head and end up with a club quiz champion

Assuming the season ends with the same kind of mood around the place as there is, that could make a cracking public event with a few other bits and bobs around it. 

14 hours ago, Charles_Joe said:

We’ve got to be one of the thickest teams in Europe.

Oliver and Strapp, god love them, seemed like they were struggling to read the questions at times never mind answer them 😂 Good on them though, it's entertaining viewing and it's good to see players having a laugh with each other. I'd guess that these wee contests might not have worked so well a couple of months ago.

AWMSC

1 hour ago, Toby said:

The other spin off is that it allows the fans to identify a bit more with the players. The only positive impression I had about any of them was from a couple of pals that are also mates with Lewis Strapp.

Other than that my impression a couple of months ago came from Lithgow and Muirhead cupping their ears to us. It’s not terribly important to a miserable old bastard like myself, but I think it can only be a good thing if it’s allowing younger fans to identify with their personalities and to see them having a laugh.

I’ve never actually seen him name checked on the progress in terms of social media interaction, so it’s about time the lad Gareth got a well deserved pat on the back for his hard work.

Also really pleasing to see Open Goal turning up at Cappielow today- again, not my favourites, but they’ve got a bloody big following, so a bit of nationwide exposure can only be a good thing.

Spot on Toby. Gareth deserves a lot of credit. Also good to see the Open Goal boys showing an interest.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

3 hours ago, capitanus said:

Who/what is open goal? 

It's a podcast/ show. Simon ferry, Paul slane, Kevin Kyle, Andy Halliday all seem to be the mainstays. They've had a few cracking guests and has a big following. Always a good listen/watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

They sent out a "Weekly Update" to my email. It's got ticket info for the Arbroath game, a brief recap of the Thistle game (they should have added a link to the highlights on Youtube), info on the new Morton-themed milk chocolates, and the featured product on Smiths (the 63-64 retro top.)

Nice, concise email. Room for a bit of improvement but as a first attempt this is very slick and shows that they are now being active in reaching out to fans.

EOho8Pw.png

43 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

They sent out a "Weekly Update" to my email. It's got ticket info for the Arbroath game, a brief recap of the Thistle game (they should have added a link to the highlights on Youtube), info on the new Morton-themed milk chocolates, and the featured product on Smiths (the 63-64 retro top.)

Nice, concise email. Room for a bit of improvement but as a first attempt this is very slick and shows that they are now being active in reaching out to fans.

I've had it weekly for the last 4 or 5 weeks now.