Commercial Activity - Page 103 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

Just now, thehustler said:

Dressing smart pisses me right off. On that basis Hitler would be welcomed with open arms whilst Jesus would be told to bolt! Same shit at hospitality....what is wrong with society??

Smart (or Smart-ish) Dress should be acceptable, otherwise the place will look like a queue for the Lourdes bus.

Jesus would go down a treat, turning water into wine etc.  He'd save his table a fortune.

Next.

*insert signature here*

51 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Is that what we have to reduce ourselves to if we are having a 150 year knees-up?  Sitting about in Tesco clobber?  :lol:

Seriously, Fuck that.

I draw the line at clip-on ties.

46 minutes ago, thehustler said:

Dressing smart pisses me right off. On that basis Hitler would be welcomed with open arms whilst Jesus would be told to bolt! Same shit at hospitality....what is wrong with society??

Oh aye.....100 bucs for the night plus bevvy and you want people to pay another 100 to dress "smart". What a pile of shit.

It elevates the occasion if people put the effort in. It makes it feel more special. It is also, counterintuitively, egalitarian: nobody can really upstage anyone else if there's a dress code because it means the expectations are clear and people won't feel under- or over-dressed.

Black tie is obviously an exception but people also mistake dressing smartly for dressing expensively. I generally wear slacks/chinos and a button-down collared shirt each day and these cost me significantly less than a graphic t-shirt, for example.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I draw the line at clip-on ties.

It elevates the occasion if people put the effort in. It makes it feel more special. It is also, counterintuitively, egalitarian: nobody can really upstage anyone else if there's a dress code because it means the expectations are clear and people won't feel under- or over-dressed.

But the occasion is already as 'elevated' as its likely to be.  And if someone with a smart tailored dinner suit is sitting next to someone in a Tesco bin bag, well, one is kinda being upstaged which kinda defeats that argument.

To be fair, the majority of folk that go to these kind of things would already know how to dress for them, so it shouldnt be an issue.  However, we're a club supported by predominantly white, working class males - we're not a 'Lodge' and we aren't golf club wankers* - the kind of attire most people would wear to a day in hospitality should be fine.

*at least most of us aren't.

Black tie is obviously an exception but people also mistake dressing smartly for dressing expensively. I generally wear slacks/chinos and a button-down collared shirt each day and these cost me significantly less than a graphic t-shirt, for example.

reminds me of this:

*insert signature here*

That song is an absolute banger. 

Amazing what you can do with a I, vi, ii, V progression. Put a beat under it and something catchy on top, Holly's your confirmed bachelor uncle. 

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Toby said:

Am I the only member of the Morton support who isn’t actually that impressed with your man, Dale?

Any particular reason mate?

I think he's been a breath of fresh air and knows what direction he wants the club to go in.  

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Any particular reason mate?

I think he's been a breath of fresh air and knows what direction he wants the club to go in.  

I wasn’t too pleased to hear about his response to one fan’s grumbles about Arbroath away in December, but that’s his battle to fight. Doesn’t leave a good impression in my eye though.

And after I emailed the club over my mate that supports Dundee United being denied entry a month ago, addressing the mail to him, my pal received a refund, but no explanation or apology for what happened.

I’d also have expected some sort of reaction to the “alleged” racism incident at the weekend, which I don’t accept they’re unaware of.

He seems big on communication when the positives can be played upon, but I’m not seeing much evidence of solving real concerns. I don’t really care how many e-learning modules office staff are completing when the General Manager doesn’t have the courtesy to reply to a relevant complaint.

• Upvote 2