Commercial Activity - Page 82 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

The shirt isn't that bad, under normal circumstances, or at the time of the the blue & white Ajax thing you would have bitten their hand off for this one. Having said that I'll wait until I physically see it. Last year I shuddered when I saw the back of the 1st team shirt in the shop. (Was that even the same blue on the back as on the front, accordong to my eyes in Smiths) It just looked wrong.

Edited by Ton in Shawlands
Typos on mobile on pub

33 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

What was last season's total?

Not sure of the final number, but the final update was that “over 900” were sold.

That update came in August right before our first game of the next season. Come mid June the update last season was that we had hit 600, so we’re over 150 up on then and even earlier still.

Allows the club to have money in earlier and plan a bit more accurately for the season. 

Excellent number so far although I'm sure they included the free kids tickets in the numbers last year so I assume the 750 does too. Even if it's a lot less paid season tickets than 750, if it's more than last season then it's still extra money earlier for the club which can only be a good thing. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

More season tickets shifted than this time last year, and starting with Dalrada money that wasn't there at the start of last season either. 

Given that we already have the bones of a good championship 11 already signed up as well it's shaping up nicely.

Don't care if Dundee Utd and Ross County will be in the league. Get it fucking won. 

• Upvote 2

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Brilliant from the club and Dalrada. Still getting used to being proud of this club. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I got round to renewing yesterday and the fact that the process was relatively painless (a few minor glitches) and took about five minutes to get a legit ST for all of next season was a definite plus. If it weren't so easy I'd probably have left it a few weeks until I had enough time and patience to jump through annoying hoops (which is why I'm still a Scottish Power customer). 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

9 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I got round to renewing yesterday and the fact that the process was relatively painless (a few minor glitches) and took about five minutes to get a legit ST for all of next season was a definite plus. If it weren't so easy I'd probably have left it a few weeks until I had enough time and patience to jump through annoying hoops (which is why I'm still a Scottish Power customer). 

Tbf I bought one at 2 in the morning after a night out. Wouldn't have managed that last year 😂

That's the home kit in Smiths now. It looks far better in person than it did in the photos, although the blue should be darker.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

“Without giving too much away, we are excited to say that everyone who has purchased their 2023/24 season ticket, or joined Morton Club Together (MCT) by Friday 30th June, will be a part of that special home kit”

https://www.gmfc.net/2024-25-home-kit-information/

interesting teaser.  Wondering if they might be planning to have some sort of print/pattern in the design that includes names (although it might be hard to fit 1000+ names on a shirt design?)

I love the idea of it and am happy we will be doing something to commemorate the 150th anniversary, but also can’t help wondering if the timing of this statement might be a bit of an own goal (in terms of making up the minds of people who were a swithering over buying this seasons shirt to wait and buy next seasons instead).  Having said that, if it boosts ST sales or MCT membership then these are both more important to us than shirt sales

Edited by Greacen2000

15 minutes ago, Greacen2000 said:

“Without giving too much away, we are excited to say that everyone who has purchased their 2023/24 season ticket, or joined Morton Club Together (MCT) by Friday 30th June, will be a part of that special home kit”

https://www.gmfc.net/2024-25-home-kit-information/

interesting teaser.  Wondering if they might be planning to have some sort of print/pattern in the design that includes names (although it might be hard to fit 100+ names on a shirt design?)

I love the idea of it and am happy we will be doing something to commemorate the 150th anniversary, but also can’t help wondering if the timing of this statement might be a bit of an own goal (in terms of making up the minds of people who were a swithering over buying this seasons shirt to wait and buy next seasons instead).  Having said that, if it boosts ST sales or MCT membership then these are both more important to us than shirt sales

When the old regime were still getting me to do concept designs for the shirts I put forward the idea of incorporating names into the hoops. The template I made up allowed for a thousand easily enough. You want the typeset small enough that they blend in to the hoops unless you’re up close.
I had proposed making it a pre-order bonus for the first 1000 customers or as an optional extra to bring in a little extra revenue.

I passed it on to MCT a couple of seasons ago and they said they had something similar in the pipeline. It’s been done quite effectively by a few clubs before and is a nice touch. Will look forward to seeing it.

Edited by Pedrodelawasp
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

When the old regime were still getting me to do concept designs for the shirts I put forward the idea of incorporating names into the hoops. The template I made up allowed for a thousand easily enough. You want the typeset small enough that they blend in to the hoops unless you’re up close.
I had proposed making it a pre-order bonus for the first 1000 customers or as an optional extra to bring in a little extra revenue.

I passed it on to MCT a couple of seasons ago and they said they had something similar in the pipeline. It’s been done quite effectively by a few clubs before and is a nice touch. Will look forward to seeing it.

Absolutely buzzing to see this.  Hopefully it will give our season ticket and MCT numbers a boost