Commercial Activity - Page 81 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

41 minutes ago, TheRajamakiTeam95 said:

Pretty poor effort but suppose that's just my opinion. However if you like a basic joma training shirt with a few logos heat pressed on then batter on. Practically looks the same as last season. No effort at all to change it up a bit. Not for me though. I also went on to purchase the 2 retro shirts from matchwinner and the option to buy has been blanked out. I contacted matchwinner and they said that this should not be the case as they are made to order. Funny how this new kit was unveiled today and the options for both the retro shirts has been removed. 

It's not like the first batch order of the retro shirts sold out or anything. Oh wait. They did.

Wind yer neck in.

Screenshot_20230531_200750_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

It's not like the first batch order of the retro shirts sold out or anything. Oh wait. They did.

Wind yer neck in.

I haven't seen anything about a first batch. I'm in the same boat and want to order one so would be good to know if/when can do that.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

30 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I haven't seen anything about a first batch. I'm in the same boat and want to order one so would be good to know if/when can do that.

"As this is our first batch order with Matchwinner, please allow 4-6 weeks for orders to be ready with home delivery and collection from the stadium available to choose from."

Estimated delivery is some time in June.

Wouldn't expect anything to change until they fulfil the first batch.

• Upvote 2

That does say our first batch with Matchwinner so no guarantee that these particular tops will be on order again, but hopefully enough demand that they are. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

33 minutes ago, GiGi said:

That does say our first batch with Matchwinner so no guarantee that these particular tops will be on order again, but hopefully enough demand that they are. 

Aye, think they would try to gauge numbers.

Was surprised when the pre-orders went live that Morton were selling them and dealing with distribution. The other clubs that got Matchwinner kits (and retro leisurewear and accessories) it was sold off the Matchwinner website.

1 hour ago, BishopBrennan said:

The actual kit design is extremely underwhelming, however the commercial work going into the number of sponsors we've secured is a clear positive.

Pretty much this. There's nothing offensively wrong with the shirt. It's just a bit uninspired.

Think they oversold the word 'bespoke' in their initial Joma deal announce meaning people expected something more unique. The only hoops in the Joma catalogue is the shirt we had last year. So this one is bespoke but just lacking much in the way of creativity.

There was also the poll asking about Argentina style so some thought we might get a reboot of the 95 top, or Argie hoops, paving the way for Parma Hoops as well. Or they could have just released McGraw era pinstripes as a tribute and sold a bucket load.

Massive props on new sponsors most definitely deserved for the Commercial dept. To think we went so long never even exploring the concept of additional shirt sponsors outside Golden Casket and the Easdales gang.

13 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I'm not one who's big on the look of the shirt usually, but for me this is a massive improvement on last season when the plain blue back didn't feel like us at all. Having the hoop look all the way round is a big step in the right direction. I can understand why some might think it's a bit uninspired but I just think it will be really nice to see us playing in a strip that looks more like us. To me it feels like what a Morton kit should look like and I'm happy with that. 

And from that point of view, it's perfectly fine and certainly an upgrade.

From the other point of view - is that enough to get enough people to want to drop 50 notes on it though? Especially when they might have already dropped £100 on the Matchwinner kits and potentially another £50 on the third kit?

Could be worse. We could be fans of a Club like Arbroath who are pretty much offered identical plain Maroon shirts every year.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

On a less positive note, anyone else just had their Matchwinner payment returned by PayPal because:

This payment was returned for the following reason(s):

ceo@gmfc.net didn't sign up for a PayPal account or didn't complete the registration process.

Not had this email yet but if I don't get my matchwinner shirts then I'll be burning every piece of Joma kit I have in a fit of rage. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

7 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

Has anyone who didn't use paypal had any update on their order?  No payment has come off my credit card despite my order stated today was the due date 🤷‍♂️

Did it explicitly say today or just 'June' like mine?

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Did it explicitly say today or just 'June' like mine?

image.png

I've not had anything taken off me either. Can't even remember if I paid via paypal or not.

49 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Payment due date rather than shirt due date by the looks of it.

I've just trawled through more emails and found one stating they'll take the money off the card when the shirt is ready, so 1st June must just have been an approximated date.  Guess it's just a waiting game to see who gets theirs first

image.png

here today, gone to hell

51 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

I've just trawled through more emails and found one stating they'll take the money off the card when the shirt is ready, so 1st June must just have been an approximated date.  Guess it's just a waiting game to see who gets theirs first

image.png

When I click the link on version of that email it just says estimated shipping: June.

8 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Pretty much this. There's nothing offensively wrong with the shirt. It's just a bit uninspired.

Think they oversold the word 'bespoke' in their initial Joma deal announce meaning people expected something more unique. The only hoops in the Joma catalogue is the shirt we had last year. So this one is bespoke but just lacking much in the way of creativity.

There was also the poll asking about Argentina style so some thought we might get a reboot of the 95 top, or Argie hoops, paving the way for Parma Hoops as well. Or they could have just released McGraw era pinstripes as a tribute and sold a bucket load.

Massive props on new sponsors most definitely deserved for the Commercial dept. To think we went so long never even exploring the concept of additional shirt sponsors outside Golden Casket and the Easdales gang.

Joma did a mild variation on their hooped template for SC Verl in Germany. Has the same collar style as out kit last season but foregoes the fading pattern to the edges of the coloured hoops. On this one there are hoop portions to the lower back under the numbers.

It’s nothing special either.

D4549354-76B0-4059-8448-C1A5FEF94D5E.jpeg