Commercial Activity - Page 80 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

Need to have a closer look but considering chat was about a bespoke kit this is very meh and a bit disappointing. 

Is the shade of blue not still wrong as well?  Could just be the lighting but it looks like the lighter blue used in this years kit rather than the darker blue from our Scottish Cup anniversary top

• Upvote 1

here today, gone to hell

12 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Don't understand the hatred tbh. Been crying out for a blue and white fully hooped shirt with a decent looking sponsor for years and we've got one. Never going to be in anyone's top five morton tops ever but it's nowhere near the worst. 

Edit to add: unless the photo just makes it look like it's fully hooped then I reserve the right to take my opinion back. 

Promised a bespoke kit, got one as basic as it gets and we're coming up for 150 years since the club were formed. Probably had worse tops but fairly disappointing. 

Just now, port-ton said:

It's blue and white hoops I don't know how bespoke that can get tbh. 150th anniversary top is coming out next season now as well. 

For sure the club could have communicated better that this would be another off the shelf number and nothing to do with the anniversary like Gordon Ritchie (I'm sure it was) had mentioned but in terms of a Morton kit it's more than fine, especially given we've retro kits and a new third kit available as well. 

Hibs have got a green strip with white sleeves and got a bespoke Joma kit. There's always possibilities there. 

This could still very well be a bespoke kit but maybe our expectations of what a bespoke kit should be were a bit fantasy.

But all in all it’s a decent kit. Blue and hoops front and back and no big stupid garish sponsor ruining it. I really do like it. Like the broader hoops

13 minutes ago, gmfc_craig said:

https://www.smithsofgreenock.co.uk/product/pre-order-morton-home-top-23-24-short-sleeve/

On Smiths website now. No sign of Cardwell Garden Centre on back of shirt on the images and why we not using the shopify site?

I'd imagine it's because Smiths are still contracted for the strips. The shopify site is for the club to sell other  stuff that they get the majority of the proceeds from. 

I've preordered the strip and was delighted to see that smiths still have the Scottish Cup centenary kit on sale as I accidentally put mine in the washing with something blue and the white hoops stained 😔 so that's two new kits on the way to me in time for going in holiday. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The blue is too light - looks the same colour as the strip we had for the season just finished.  I thought that was a particularly horrendous strip as from the back it looked like a Rangers top - their strip is usually described as light blue.  We should have a royal blue.  I agree about the break in the hoops.  is that possibly to allow the manufacture of different sizes? Or different fatnesses at least.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

The blue is too light - looks the same colour as the strip we had for the season just finished.  I thought that was a particularly horrendous strip as from the back it looked like a Rangers top - their strip is usually described as light blue.  We should have a royal blue.  I agree about the break in the hoops.  is that possibly to allow the manufacture of different sizes? Or different fatnesses at least.

I am ok with the colour - over the years there has been quite a bit of variety (even discounting the argentina strip) - the 1995-96 "Cappielow collection" one (our worst ever top IMO) was very light too whereas the 1997-99 Avec one (my all time favourite) was much darker - almost navy blue.

I too would prefer unbroken hoops all the way around.  To me it looks like the white panel is maybe to add some sort of ventilation if it is made of a more breathable mesh type fabric (its impossible to tell from the pics of course so this is just speculation but at least would make sense).  At least there appear to be 1 or 2 unbroken hoops down at the bottom of the shirt 😆

edit - actually the 95-96 is not our worst ever top - I forgot about the one from 2000 that was sponsored by Pedens dodgy primeplay company.  I cannot even remember who it was made by but it is probably our worst ever (appropriate that it was worn during our darkest hour too)

Edited by Greacen2000

11 minutes ago, Greacen2000 said:

I am ok with the colour - over the years there has been quite a bit of variety (even discounting the argentina strip) - the 1995-96 "Cappielow collection" one (our worst ever top IMO) was very light too whereas the 1997-99 Avec one (my all time favourite) was much darker - almost navy blue.

I too would prefer unbroken hoops all the way around.  To me it looks like the white panel is maybe to add some sort of ventilation if it is made of a more breathable mesh type fabric (its impossible to tell from the pics of course so this is just speculation but at least would make sense).  At least there appear to be 1 or 2 unbroken hoops down at the bottom of the shirt 😆

edit - actually the 95-96 is not our worst ever top - I forgot about the one from 2000 that was sponsored by Pedens dodgy primeplay company.  I cannot even remember who it was made by but it is probably our worst ever (appropriate that it was worn during our darkest hour too)

The ProStar top from 2000 was a stinker but 95-96 still worse.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

I'm OK with the new strip including the white side stripe. I thought that the hoops with the white pinstripe was spoiled with the yellow side panel.

As I said above, I'd have white socks.

I do agree that last season top looked far too much like an Ibrox cast off from the back. Not sad to see that go.

Pretty poor effort but suppose that's just my opinion. However if you like a basic joma training shirt with a few logos heat pressed on then batter on. Practically looks the same as last season. No effort at all to change it up a bit. Not for me though. I also went on to purchase the 2 retro shirts from matchwinner and the option to buy has been blanked out. I contacted matchwinner and they said that this should not be the case as they are made to order. Funny how this new kit was unveiled today and the options for both the retro shirts has been removed.