Commercial Activity - Page 79 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

1 minute ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

One minor thing, I used to moan about the cost of getting the same plastic card reactivated each year, not even a new card. Now it's £300 for a QR code on your phone, I know it's cheaper & progress, etc, etc, but it doesn't feel like I've actually got something tangible for that £300. At least with a card I was a "card carrying" season ticket holder. Old person rant over.

You can pay an extra fiver and get a physical card for your wallet. 

Be good to see the club selling more stuff by now. Like new kits or something. Feels like a drop in momentum when we finished the season strongly and should be looking forward to a proper go at promotion this year.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

13 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Be good to see the club selling more stuff by now. Like new kits or something. Feels like a drop in momentum when we finished the season strongly and should be looking forward to a proper go at promotion this year.

Totally agree mate. Surprised the details of new strips haven't been released although the matchwinner tops coming out may or may not have something to do with this.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

23 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Totally agree mate. Surprised the details of new strips haven't been released although the matchwinner tops coming out may or may not have something to do with this.

It could also be dependant on Joma too.  I regularly look at footyheadlines.com and most of the kits that are being released/leaked are so far only the big brands, Adidas, Nike etc.  Not seen any Joma kits released so far.

On the Matchwinner tops, I was checking my order status the other day and noticed they're now all sold out which is good.

here today, gone to hell

Someone on one of the FB groups said earlier that there are promo pics being taken of the new kit today at Cappielow and they will be going out on the socials tomorrow.

And before anyone says it - yeah I know that might not be the most credible of sources but thought I would share anyway since Bob & Mr Blue were discussing it.

Edited by Greacen2000
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Greacen2000 said:

Someone on one of the FB groups said earlier that there are promo pics being taken of the new kit today at Cappielow and they will be going out on the socials tomorrow.

And before anyone says it - yeah I know that might not be the most credible of sources but thought I would share anyway since Bob & Mr Blue were discussing it.

Even if nothings announced until next week they'd still be ahead of most other clubs.  Only Dundee, Arbroath and Ayr have released new kits so far so it's not like the club are dragging their heels (yet).

here today, gone to hell

21 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Like that a lot. I zoomed in on the photo and it's a very tidy kit. Dalrada sponsorship looks nice on it as well. Mcgills taken their ball home in a huff? 

A short sponsor as well which I think is new? What a time to be alive 

• Upvote 2

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Disappointing. Hoped for something more interesting.

Away staying the same but with new sponsors. New third kit to be announced.

Props to the club for what seems like a number of new sponsorship deals which can only be a positive.

Edited by Jamie_M
  • Upvote 1

Not a fan. Pretty standard and looks like an off the shelf one. Was hoping for more when it was supposed to bespoke. 

Split in the hoops looks a bit daft too. 

Edited by irnbru

1 minute ago, port-ton said:

Like that a lot. I zoomed in on the photo and it's a very tidy kit. Dalrada sponsorship looks nice on it as well. Mcgills taken their ball home in a huff? 

As part of today’s announcement, the club can also reveal that Dalrada Technology will become the new home kit front-of-shirt sponsor.

Alongside Dalrada, the club would like to welcome HungrySquirrel.com and Cardwell Garden Centre as the new back-of-shirt sponsors, with Fisherman’s Dock taking their place as our new sleeve sponsor.

Local company AGM Group will also be represented on the shorts for our kits this season.

• Upvote 1

It looks fine but I am a bit underwhelmed after being promised a bespoke design for this season.  At least it appears to have hoops all the way round rather than a plain back so it’s an improvement in that sense 

Edited by Greacen2000

6 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Not a massive fan of that. Blue should be slightly darker for me just looks rather cheap and basic. I take it the away top will remain the same? 

Same away but with new sponsors. 3rd kit to be announced.

Was a bit disappointed that this was to be the 150th anniversary kit given how basic it is but I notice they say in the article that next seasons kit will be the 150th anniversary one now. 

Doesn't seem to be getting great reviews on twitter but I like it. My initial reaction was that it was a bit underwhelming but after zooming in on it I think it's very nice and will definitely be getting it. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Better than last season's shiter but not by much. Sounds like Joma forgot about the bespoke bit though.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Don't understand the hatred tbh. Been crying out for a blue and white fully hooped shirt with a decent looking sponsor for years and we've got one. Never going to be in anyone's top five morton tops ever but it's nowhere near the worst. 

Edit to add: unless the photo just makes it look like it's fully hooped then I reserve the right to take my opinion back. 

Edited by port-ton

32.gif

17 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Pretty sure we had Arc vans or another Easdale owned company on the shorts before, could be wrong. 

onsP5NR.jpg