Commercial Activity - Page 75 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

19 hours ago, gmfc_craig said:

Can we just bin Joma and get Matchwinner to make the playing kit from here on in?

A blue tartan hooped effort would be just dandy! 

There’s actually been some really smart Joma kits recently (their Villarreal centenary strip is an absolute beauty and would make a great Morton away one), so I’m more optimistic about what they might offer than I was to begin…but even at that, I agree, you just can’t whack the glorious invention of the Matchwinner era (unless we get Umbro involved, which should also definitely happen at some point).

Football strips are so often really bland and boring these days, even things that ostensibly have an unusual design still end up looking flat and lifeless with the way it’s just printed on; I’d love to see us have a few 90’s style numbers with the level of detail in the material etc you got with those. Bring back chevrons and tiger stripes and weird green and white and black striped creations, I say.

Also, it’s just occurred to me that of all the great Matchwinner strips, there wasn’t really any hooped ones. Not a complaint at all, the opposite really: if you deviate from the traditional style and nobody really notices, you’re doing something right. 

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

10 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

92-93 away and it's not even close.

That's the worst of the bunch.

• Upvote 2

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

9 hours ago, GiGi said:

That's the worst of the bunch.

Agreed.  The only one of the five I never bought.  I liked the light blue away top from 89-91 and the yellow top with the blue diagonal line that I think was 91-92 away top.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Think the 89-91 is bland. Wouldn't buy that one. The light blue one was better. Someone was selling a bunch of both earlier in the season.

The 93-94 is the missing one.

greenock-morton-away-football-shirt-1993-1994-s_933_1.jpg

Edited by Jamie_M
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hej said:

Colours look way off on blue tartan one

Both the 1st and 3rd ones are honking btw. I'll lose the plot if either of them are picked.

They are well aware that the initial graphic is wrong for the blue tartan (wrong buttons also). They have said it will be sorted if chosen.

Think it will lose votes based on the graphic though.

42 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Each to their own but they all look good to me and I suspect they will sell. It does though highlight how 'safe' recent strips have been.

Too many of the cries about the ill-fated Ajax design were 'it huz tae be hoops' probably still resonating even though that was the least of the problems with the scrapped top.

2 hours ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

The 'Ajax' thing was a crap pound shop embarrassment. My favourites from these are the red tartan & for some reason the yellow one.

It was, made even more pound shop by the additions Morton made to the template with the ironed on badge and Half Pounders sponsor.

Having said that - if they had released the revised version (that entered the kit vote) with stitched badge and changed sponsor right from the start, whilst still poor it might have just about sneaked past without the backlash.

IMG_20230227_164556.jpg

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

It was, made even more pound shop by the additions Morton made to the template with the ironed on badge and Half Pounders sponsor.

Having said that - if they had released the revised version (that entered the kit vote) with stitched badge and changed sponsor right from the start, whilst still poor it might have just about sneaked past without the backlash.

IMG_20230227_164556.jpg

Absolutely that revised version looks much better and the white shorts Make a difference too.

Edited by Mr.Blue
  • Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Digital programme.

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

This is good to see. A couple of negative points are the background on the board update making it difficult to read and the league table being a game out of date, but overall this is a positive development. Having an MCT update in there is a good touch and hopefully is a way for them to keep up regular contact with fans who aren't members and could be convinced to join. 

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake