Commercial Activity - Page 72 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

12 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Shame he's not being punted, tbh.

For far too long he's being serving the same pish. Bit of boiled chicken with a filling served with some veg, or steak pie. Maybe if you're lucky you'll get some beef thrown into mix but otherwise same rotational menu since he started.

Did Tumilty not complain about his lunches? Pumping out shite wraps or something I'm sure it was.

In fairness to Tumilty, if someone served me a shite in a wrap then i'd complain.

It reminds me of when I worked in Greenock years ago and my workmates would get my elevenses from Aulds.  That was revolting.

*insert signature here*

That highlight reel from the Partick game is tremendous.  Buzzing for today

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Toby said:

It should be pointed out that Matchwinner are making noises on Twitter about how they are “back” and tagging all the clubs they supplied in the 90s.

It would of course depend on the relationship with Joma to allow them to produce retro tops, but I doubt Golden Casket would kick up a stink about sticking Buchanan’s Toffees on retro tops.

Absolute no brainer for the club to embrace this, they’d make a fortune off me alone if they were to re-release all those old tops.

Get it done.

Said the same mate. I'd spend a fortune on these!

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• 3 weeks later...

Club set to end the season making a profit. Massive breath of fresh air, and I think, compairing ourselves to clubs like Inverness and Falkirk, we are very lucky to be financially healthy at the moment.

Excited to see the development project behind the cowshed come to fruition too.

Together with progress on the park such a positive to see progress off the park. The last couple of years have been brutal for many clubs as recent announcements have confirmed but Morton appears to have weathered the storm to the point we look like posting a profit this year. Rather than resting on their laurels the Board are looking to kick on and it will be interesting to see the proposals for Cappielow. For the first time in a long time supporters can look ahead with positivity and can also help out by resurrecting the DDFR marketing campaign  of "bring a friend".

While I don't think crowds will ever come flooding back, the difference between this time and the previous times we've had decent performances on the pitch is that this is the first time where the actual club feels like it's heading in the right direction as well. Being ambitious and making the community proud of the club has a much better chance of enticing some people along than us being 3rd in the table so it will be interesting to see how things like the space behind the cowshed etc turn out. 

Long may this positivity continue. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Had literally just come on here to post that video. A really welcome pile of news all round, Michael Harkins obviously has his finger firmly on the financial pulse - but also on all of the others as well. Great to see joined-up thinking across every aspect of the club's activity. There must be so, so many other clubs who dearly wished they could put out a statement like that. Great job everyone.

Edited by SassenachTon

Turning in a profit in the current economic climate is an impressive achievement, the only caveat being that much of it was probably down the the one-off Celtic game that we obviously can't rely on every season. 

But again, the very fact we're challenging for promotion in March on a slashed budget is an astonishing achievement by Dougie and his staff. I'm sure that under his most recent predecessors we'd be in the middle of yet another miserable relegation dog-fight right now.

Even if we fall at any promotion hurdle this season, we already have the majority of a good squad signed up, a few young boys coming into the side and will be in a much better position in the summer in terms of being able to recruit. 

Long may this continue. 

The mini season ticket is also a good idea. Good feeling around the club, fans get a slight discount whilst the club get some money up front and hopefully it entices some stay away fans back.