Commercial Activity - Page 63 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

6 hours ago, TRVMP said:

My wife pointed out that they could have combed his* whiskers. One of them's sticking up. Looks like a Zetas' fucking teardrop tattoo.

*canonically I'm sure Cappie was a girl, originally? I'm sure there was a Cappie's Corner in the matchday programme in the 2000s and it was written from a girl's perspective. Has Cappie been recently gendered?

Showed my wife as a potential purchase for our year old grandson and she felt it may damage his development. She did pick out the whiskers as giving the impression that Cappie had been done over by a razor gang.

I'm appreciating him more by the day.

2 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Screenshot_20220702-135842_Facebook.jpg

You magnificent bastards.

This is what we have been missing. Clever piece of marketing. Well done morton!

Edited by Mr.Blue
  • Upvote 2

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

37 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Dougie still trying to help punt wooly hats. In July.

It's July on paper only. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Decent wee day at cappielow today. Be interesting to see how much was raised. 

Boys had a cracking day meeting the players and manager. Few wee bits n bobs picked up along the way. 

Roll on Saturday and a Falkirk hounding would kick the season off in style. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think that'd be a really shan way to confirm transfer activity. I think instead they're just saying the current squad is sold out (which is something to celebrate) and showing this secondary item for sale.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

6 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I think that'd be a really shan way to confirm transfer activity. I think instead they're just saying the current squad is sold out (which is something to celebrate) and showing this secondary item for sale.

Aye, I wasn't being serious.

Good to see the commercial side seems to be doing pretty well. Hopefully we'll enough to fund another signing...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Christ almighty. It may be that there’s good justification for this but ffs, programmes are a footballing institution and just so off-handedly saying you’re not bothering your arse is a really stinking look.

Edited by EanieMeany
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

AWMSC

We are still living in the 20th century. Surely to fuck programmes can be provided in a digital format and those who want printed versions can even pay that bit more than the standard price?

You can't even pay by card for food and drink..

• Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Christ almighty. It may be that there’s good justification for this but ffs, programmes are a footballing institution and just so off-handedly saying you’re not bothering your arse is a really stinking look.

Programmes are a football institution in the same way as those stupid fucking rattles that the Borders' bumpkins bring to Cappielow. 

That said the timing of the announcement is piss-poor. Presumably they made the decision weeks ago and sat on announcing it, or else they've had to commission people to contribute and put something together that won't see the light of day. Either way, it's not a good or professional look.

If they said back in April 'it's 2022 now and so this will be the last season for match programmes', then some would have been unhappy, others wouldn't give a toss and they could even have created a minor collector's rush for the final edition. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Surely this is exactly the kind of thing that should have been put to the MCT membership over the summer to discuss how to proceed, to explore digital options or to see what features would encourage more sales etc? There’s loads of people that collect programmes and again, they’re a match-day staple at clubs of all levels. 

(Incidentally, they had sold out of the Cup centenary ones about 20 mins before kick-off, just as an aside. Hard to grumble if you can’t cope with a predictably higher demand when it comes along.)

It’s just nonsense for some unknown and seemingly unaccountable figure to be deciding stuff like this on a whim and not even informing anybody about it until a couple of hours before kick-off. If the Raes had overseen this summer, everybody would be going mental about it - much of what’s happened is potentially justifiable but when it’s a whole stream of things, big and small, with no real explanation whatsoever, it just screams of a club in a seriously bad way and being ran into the ground.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC