Commercial Activity - Page 61 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

On 5/28/2022 at 11:13 AM, capitanus said:

The TFG Shirts from c.2001-3 season were superb quality and looked good too.  imho they were the best Morton shirts of the recent era.

That’s interesting, the TFG home jersey sported 3 of the more contentious features that are debated on here - an appliqué monochrome club crest, the red ‘half pounders’ sponsor and a polo style collar.

The size of the hoops and the shade of blue did look great, though.

Bought the new kit today for my son as he asked for it for his birthday.  Not impressed at all. It looks even worse in the flesh and is covered in sponsorship. The fact that the sponsor has been printed on rather than part of the material is poor imo. I won't be buying it for myself. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

On 6/2/2022 at 5:48 PM, Mr.Blue said:

Bought the new kit today for my son as he asked for it for his birthday.  Not impressed at all. It looks even worse in the flesh and is covered in sponsorship. The fact that the sponsor has been printed on rather than part of the material is poor imo. I won't be buying it for myself. 

Having the sponsor’s logo sublimated in a jersey’s fabric is pretty rare. If you had a look around Smith’s selection of English or European club’s shirts I’d expect all of them to have the sponsor printed on.

5 hours ago, TRVMP said:

That's proper good, that. 

It's such a bizarre feeling to see Morton put things online that are polished, relevant, make the club look like an attractive place to be, not riddled with errors... you look at this and you think, "yep, this is the output of a functional professional football club that's got something to offer and is showing it in its best possible light to the customers."

With things like this, it's absolutely night and day compared to what came before.

If they can seat well over 100 people in that suite and they're selling that out most weeks, that's fantastic stuff.

Can only echo your opinion Nacho. I've never thought about the hospitality offered at Morton but based on this professional promotion fronted perfectly by Gerry and Andy I would now. This is sort of thing we've been screaming about for decades and shows what can be achieved by people who are interested enough to try.

Well done to all involved.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TaunTon said:

Can only echo your opinion Nacho. I've never thought about the hospitality offered at Morton but based on this professional promotion fronted perfectly by Gerry and Andy I would now. This is sort of thing we've been screaming about for decades and shows what can be achieved by people who are interested enough to try.

Well done to all involved.

The hospitality at Cappielow is one of the best about. They've got the mix of it being slightly formal while still a relaxed day out spot on. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

And the introduction of the Cappie the Cat soft toy, available to pre order apparently, as was revealed at the meeting last week.

Hopefully more distinguishable than the Morton bear.

That's a lion mate.

Screenshot_20220613-170650_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I see you can add the fixture list to your phone calendar via a link in the latest newsletter. Cool wee feature, it’s quite encouraging seeing relatively wee things like that being introduced - aside from being useful, it reinforces the impression  there’s people there that actually know what they’re doing when even the smaller details are being attended to. It’s night and day compared to what we’ve been used to, even compared to 6 months or so ago.

• Upvote 1

AWMSC

It includes the League Cup games, which is nice. It seems to only go as far as August 6th, at least the way I imported it.

edit: never mind, the whole thing is synced now, just took a few minutes.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png