Commercial Activity - Page 59 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

16 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Only 150 season tickets punted. Really shit numbers. 2 weeks to secure. Hopefully come pay week we shift a few more.

Compared to what benchmark? And two weeks to secure... what exactly?

The club are right to starting the ST drive as early as possible in the close season. This time last year we had only just secured our league status though, and there's no great incentive for people to rush into getting one now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Interested to see what we've went for. Hopefully both tops are available for summer holidays 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

34 minutes ago, Scott said:

Whatever it is, I really hope we've not ditched the hoops on the back of the shirt.

Doubt we've a say in the matter this season. Might be a shiter but as long as the deal works for the club going into next year. Assume still McGills sponsoring.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

As far as off the shelf efforts could have went I quite like it, as long as it is hooped the whole way round. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

On the plus side, at least the McGills sponsor looks a lot better than Millions.

Also, combining season tickets, MCT subscriptions and strips, that's now a whopping £495 that the club is asking for. Nobody is obliged to buy a strip of course, but nonetheless it's a lot of money for a club that's putting Alec Easdale on its promo material, isn't it?

AWMSC

Liking the new strip. Smart and simple, sponsor doesn’t ruin it either!  Actually not bad for an “off the shelf” effort and I am actually not bothered about the all blue back. From a selfish point of view it’s actually easier for me to see names and numbers being colour blind

Thought the launch photo and graphic was good. Looks professional and nice having thr Women's team represented.

Better than the usual posting of a computer generated graphic of the strip or badly taken photos of someone holding up or wearing an un-ironed, oversized shirt.

That's getting bought. Pisser that you have to email the club to secure delivery though. It says a tenner for delivery but I'm assuming that's domestic? (It's steep for domestic, but it doesn't say anything about international.)

EOho8Pw.png

5 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

That's getting bought. Pisser that you have to email the club to secure delivery though. It says a tenner for delivery but I'm assuming that's domestic? (It's steep for domestic, but it doesn't say anything about international.)

Everything going via the new commercial manager seems to be leaving us with a bit of a bottle neck.

While it's good to see the club looking at ways of bringing in money, I'd imagine this isn't a big earner and would hope he's not doing too much admin - this is the time of year clubs need to be be getting pitch side sponsors, etc sold.