Commercial Activity - Page 57 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

I'm sure that if the club had been able to find a cost effective way of doing this they would have. Sadly there probably isn't enough ex pats to make it worthwhile and the club has to take a business view of viability.

@EanieMeany just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your posts. Always thoughtful, always considered, always interesting. 

No disrespect intended to the many other contributors, obviously.

Best wishes.

Edited by SassenachTon
  • Upvote 1

Anyone else having issues renewing their season ticket through website. I put all my details then when I click payment it comes up to enter card holders full name and first line of address, even though I have entered this info and won’t let me go any further to complete purchase

21 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

@EanieMeany just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your posts. Always thoughtful, always considered, always interesting. 

No disrespect intended to the many other contributors, obviously.

Best wishes.

Haha, cheers! Nice to know somebody pays attention at least.

AWMSC

Seemed to be doing a good job and anytime I have had communication with him he's been very responsive and helpful. Shame he's leaving.

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Suppose that was always on the cards bringing in a young guy on not much money for a job that big. Would always be a stepping stone. No doubt he leaves the club in better nick than when he started so good luck to him.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Best of luck to him. Brought in to do the role without the job title and once he got the promotion he was really able to put a few of his ideas in place. 

Sorry to see him go but I'd imagine for someone his age with the experience he's gained that there are plenty better job opportunities out there. That's the sort of people I want at the club though. Everyone from players to coaches to staff should be giving the best version of themselves to move on to better things rather than people at the absolute peak of their ability trying to take Morton for a free ride. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

It's always going to be the challenge, not just in football. If you do a good job and are ambitious bigger and better opportunities will open up for you. 

Good luck to him, he's definitely improved things around the club. 

3 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Or, he realised what a shambles the  club is and is getting out rapid.

Never thought he'd last long tbh.

Probably paid pennies for a position that would otherwise command a respectable wage.

Sadly I'm finding myself thinking along similar lines here too. Since around the end of last year there's certainly looked to be a transformation in the running of the club and it seemed Chris was starting to do a pretty good job, but it was very much only the beginning of the journey.

People are going to move on, but whatever the reason it isn't really great news at all to be losing such a key figure such a short time with the club still a long way from being running at optimum level. There's a lot riding on the next appointment,

• Upvote 1

AWMSC

On 5/10/2022 at 9:55 PM, gmfc_craig said:

Anyone else having issues renewing their season ticket through website. I put all my details then when I click payment it comes up to enter card holders full name and first line of address, even though I have entered this info and won’t let me go any further to complete purchase

Yeah I’m having similar issues, so it’s going to need to wait until I can be arsed heading to Cappilow to sort it 

To reiterate what others have said, it shouldn’t be this hard to give the club money. I agree that some folk on the fence about getting their book, this could be an incentive for them to say ‘fuck it’