Commercial Activity - Page 56 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

11 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Just read that MCT members get the early bird price even after the cut off date which is something at least and I probably stupidly didn't pick up on that first time around. 

Still think there should be more incentive but at the same time some fans complained last year that there wasn't an early bird price, so the club probably trying their best to cover all grounds as best they can. 

With this offer they have essentially discounted an incentive for fans to sign up to MCT. Yes you may get some persuaded by the early bird pricing but the benefit could be outweighed by those who then choose to let MCT membership fall by the wayside.

It's a difficult one for the club with inflation running at 7% and likely to go up towards 10% by the year end. Everybody will face that issue but we need to improve our ST numbers and for that we need to see some players who can raise the hopes of the fans and get them excited about the new campaign. Being served a diet of what we've seen for the past 2 seasons is hardly likely to give anyone a semi.

The concessions, kids prices and under 12s seem to be pretty fair but the price for MCT membership is just as likely to lose money as gain it. Mixed bag overall.

Is ton tv live streaming been binned for next season? If so, not worth me renewing my season ticket! Will keep up my MCT and lottery dues, but due to personal circumstances I can only attend a few games per season and the stream option was a good one for me!

46 minutes ago, helensburghton said:

Is ton tv live streaming been binned for next season? If so, not worth me renewing my season ticket! Will keep up my MCT and lottery dues, but due to personal circumstances I can only attend a few games per season and the stream option was a good one for me!

They have no choice. Uefa rules coming back into force.

1 minute ago, helensburghton said:

Does this include overseas fans?

No, but they must have deemed it not cost effective to have it for overseas fans only.

Edited by Jamie_M

4 hours ago, irnbru said:

Don't like the Inverclyde's Blue and White tag line either... 

eS5naWY.gif

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 hours ago, GiGi said:

MCT membership should give you a bigger discount than the early bird. There needs to be as many incentives to drive membership as possible.

Not sure the tail can wag the dog here. I understand that MCT is the club's owner and needs to have MCT membership firmly in mind. But the board of GMFC - while overlapping massively with MCT, they are not the same thing - needs to do what's right by GMFC Ltd. first and foremost, and driving MCT membership might not be that.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

50 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Not sure the tail can wag the dog here. I understand that MCT is the club's owner and needs to have MCT membership firmly in mind. But the board of GMFC - while overlapping massively with MCT, they are not the same thing - needs to do what's right by GMFC Ltd. first and foremost, and driving MCT membership might not be that.

How would MCT membership not be clearly in the club's short, medium and long term interests? I don't think anyone is demanding that MCT members get to waltz in for nothing, but right now it is quite frankly being treated as a guilt trip transfer kitty subsidy on top of what you'd normally pay, and nothing more. 

If that doesn't change then both the club and MCT will have serious problems with retention of the scheme, never mind expanding it any further. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

How would MCT membership not be clearly in the club's short, medium and long term interests? I don't think anyone is demanding that MCT members get to waltz in for nothing, but right now it is quite frankly being treated as a guilt trip transfer kitty subsidy on top of what you'd normally pay, and nothing more. 

If that doesn't change then both the club and MCT will have serious problems with retention of the scheme, never mind expanding it any further. 

Of course it is. The question is, does it override the need to make a certain amount of season ticket outcome? I assume - maybe wrongly - that someone has done the sums on this. If you knock (for example) 50 quid off the ST, you'd expect MCT members who buy season tickets - let's say 75%, to allow for expats, people who work Saturdays, people who don't want it, people who can't afford it - to all take them up on that. So they'd lose X amount. How many new members would you expect to make a minimum commitment of 240 quid - MCT's membership price, over two years - to make up for that? Do we know? Does anyone know?

I can see why caution reined here, in other words.

Now, with that said, maybe there can in the future be a move towards a membership model of some kind of which cheap tickets are a part. (Real Madrid and Barcelona are both members' clubs where members - socios - get discounted tickets, voting rights etc. Other European countries have a similar scheme to the socio one.) In that case you'd really bake in discounted tickets as part of a wider strategy. I think this is something we need to give serious consideration to, but as part of a massive package.

Agreed completely that when the two years are up then right now we are counting on inertia and a sense of duty to keep payments going, and while they'll work for a decent percentage of people, they won't work for all of them.

MCT and the club both have serious, serious thought to do about this, and ticket pricing is just the start.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

8 hours ago, dmcewan16 said:

At this moment in time the cost is too much for the players that we have signed. Few signed players that Greenock Juniors would knock back… still think the 12-17 price is quite high. 

Eh?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I bought a season ticket last year because with streaming it made sense. I also bought most of the away games too so a bit of income spread around the division there too. Absolutely no way that’s the case this year as actually getting to home games is becoming a bit of a struggle & likely I will only make it to a few games. A retrograde step frankly and fuck UEFA. At our level, is it really necessary to cut people off from their team? Do they think anyone will as a consequence pay to watch the elite teams instead?

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

10 hours ago, dmcewan16 said:

At this moment in time the cost is too much for the players that we have signed. Few signed players that Greenock Juniors would knock back… still think the 12-17 price is quite high. 

Knicker-wetting over the squad in May really is a new one. Fuck me. 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

29 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

No issue with the pricing. Everything else in life is on the up cost wise and morton will be feeling that too.

Same but they need to be a bit more creative in selling them now to get that commitment.

I know a lot of people got them last year for the first time in ages because of the discount which meant the club had the cash in hand early on. I can't see that being the case this time. 

It's a difficult one for them.

18 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

No, but they must have deemed it not cost effective to have it for overseas fans only.

Instead of just dumping it, they could easily have surveyed the overseas fans, to see how many would be prepared to make a commitment to the service. I, for one, would have been interested.

20 minutes ago, Waverley said:

Instead of just dumping it, they could easily have surveyed the overseas fans, to see how many would be prepared to make a commitment to the service. I, for one, would have been interested.

If they looked at the numbers of users when the thing was running and deemed it unworkable, what extra Intel would a survey tell them?