Commercial Activity - Page 55 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

21 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Oooft, 126 votes, with the SNP candidate in the same district getting more than 10 times that *snigger*, is a right boot in the haw-maws for him right enough.

Hopefully this will keep his daily 'arms folded with smug coupon next to bike lane' pic out of the Tele for a while

He should drove about in a Corsa flashing his knob at women pushing prams.  That way his gormless mate could have written a letter to 'thu Tele' to say 'Ee wis only a young Boay'. 

It would have also been less embarrasing than only getting 126 fucking votes.  :lol:

*insert signature here*

New keeper top seems to be off the shelf as expected. Would be interesting to know the profit margin on these. I'd imagine they won't sell as many as the bespoke ones. Keeper kit is on all the sites that bulk supply kits and a couple of the potential home/away options. 

Screenshot_20220507-152242~2.png

Just now, irnbru said:

Seems to be off the shelf as expected. Would be interesting to know the profit margin on these. I'd imagine they won't sell as many as the bespoke ones. Keeper kit is on all the sites that bulk supply kits and a couple of the potential home/away options. 

Screenshot_20220507-152838.png

Just now, irnbru said:

Seems to be off the shelf as expected. Would be interesting to know the profit margin on these. I'd imagine they won't sell as many as the bespoke ones. Keeper kit is on all the sites that bulk supply kits and a couple of the potential home/away options. 

Screenshot_20220507-152846.png

Edited by irnbru

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

New keeper top seems to be off the shelf as expected. Would be interesting to know the profit margin on these. I'd imagine they won't sell as many as the bespoke ones. Keeper kit is on all the sites that bulk supply kits and a couple of the potential home/away options. 

Screenshot_20220507-152846.png

The hoops is the top that the community teams wear. Pretty basic to be honest but I think any off the shelf number will look like that compared to previous years strips.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

52 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

The hoops is the top that the community teams wear. Pretty basic to be honest but I think any off the shelf number will look like that compared to previous years strips.

Aye I'd imagine that's going to be us but there's a couple of blue and white ones on the site too. Given the keeper top is already available through Joma, I don't think they'll have a new range or anything. 

Wonder of there's any scope to tweak on of those designs. I'd be hopeful of something better than those 2.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Wonder of there's any scope to tweak on of those designs. I'd be hopeful of something better than those 2.

Me too but the fact the away kit is “off the shelf” and already been announced, part of me is hoping the home kit will be bespoke and that’s why it’s not been announced yet

Did they not say when they announced Joma that it'd be off the shelf kits in the first season then moving onto bespoke after that?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

Did they not say when they announced Joma that it'd be off the shelf kits in the first season then moving onto bespoke after that?

I missed that. Cheers.

This can only be a good thing if it takes off. Building relationships with local businesses who get more than just their name around the bright lights of cappielow while bringing in guaranteed income to the club, and with perhaps the hospitality offer aside at no real financial cost to the us either. 

https://www.gmfc.net/commercial/business-club-2/

• Upvote 2

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

24 minutes ago, port-ton said:

This can only be a good thing if it takes off. Building relationships with local businesses who get more than just their name around the bright lights of cappielow while bringing in guaranteed income to the club, and with perhaps the hospitality offer aside at no real financial cost to the us either. 

Sounds like the deal the McEleneys have. 

57 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I've often wondered why more British clubs don't do this. Every two-bit shitey wee mob on the continent does it. Seems to work for them. Just picked a random 3rd tier team in Norway, probably play in front of two men and a dug, and they have all this stuff (Google Translate it):

https://askerfotball.no/partnere/bli-samarbeidspartner

We can do some of that extra stuff as well.

EOho8Pw.png

Range of emotions reading the season ticket info so will need to let it sit before I come to a final opinion. 

Price increase obviously first thing noticed however I understand that costs of actually running the club day to day are going to rise. Early bird price being same as the MCT price another thing that popped out. Sure last year was just an MCT price to entice new members? Not sure if I'm bothered by non members getting same deal or not yet! 

Price between early bird and normal price probably main issue for me. Just doesn't seem much incentive to rush in to it. I'd rather wait til squad is sorted and pay an extra £25 later in the season, and I imagine a lot of people who are touch and go with season tickets every year will be the same, especially without the streaming option which could leave to more people just deciding not to for whatever reason. Early bird buzz seems to me the time where people get excited to buy their ticket for new season and I definitely don't feel that with this offer. 

Edit : more I think about it the more the non price difference between MCT and early bird bothers me. For one it doesn't entice new members to join like it did last year, and also there's now no incentive to stay with MCT like last year because you'd need to pay the difference in your season ticket price if you cancelled your MCT payment. 

Edited by port-ton

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

No issue with the price increase on last year. Last years price was presumably based on the unknown of streams against going to games etc. The £295 price gets you 3 free games effectively which is a decent saving.

However it is still a lot of money for people to fork out so the club needs to encourage fans to part with their hard earned cash by announcing some new contracts/signings before the early bird deadline and give us some encouragement. 

I can't see fans rushing to renew unless we see some positive transfer activity.

Also the MCT price should be cheaper than the early bird.

Will praise the club for having new season ticket info out by 9th May. Obviously not being in playoffs helps but seems that they're on the ball with that. 

Don't have any foaming at the mouth issues with the information, but main worry is there is nothing there to convince the supporters who dont automatically get a season ticket every year to buy one. The incentive last year was brilliant as it made a buying a season ticket AND joining MCT for a year worthwhile, so it will be interesting to see how sales and memberships go on the back of this. 

32.gif

MCT membership should give you a bigger discount than the early bird. There needs to be as many incentives to drive membership as possible.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

MCT membership should give you a bigger discount than the early bird. There needs to be as many incentives to drive membership as possible.

Just read that MCT members get the early bird price even after the cut off date which is something at least and I probably stupidly didn't pick up on that first time around. 

Still think there should be more incentive but at the same time some fans complained last year that there wasn't an early bird price, so the club probably trying their best to cover all grounds as best they can. 

32.gif