Commercial Activity - Page 48 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

There's a new Lotto, according to the weekly update. It can now be played online via a third party called Clubforce:

https://play.clubforce.com/play_newa.asp?ll_id=3216#Anchor

There's a bigger explanation here:

Lottery - Greenock Morton FC (gmfc.net)

I think this is long overdue, and it makes sense to go with a vendor who specializes in lottos rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

image.png

EOho8Pw.png

If it's a beach towel I'm not bothered if it's absorbent or not tbh. If I'm at the beach, by definition (because that beach is somewhere hot, like Galveston, otherwise I wouldn't be at the beach) it's hot enough to dry out in the sun. Just want to know if it's comfortable to lie on and if it looks alright. 

EOho8Pw.png

7 hours ago, TRVMP said:

If it's a beach towel I'm not bothered if it's absorbent or not tbh. If I'm at the beach, by definition (because that beach is somewhere hot, like Galveston, otherwise I wouldn't be at the beach) it's hot enough to dry out in the sun. Just want to know if it's comfortable to lie on and if it looks alright. 

Yeah it looks good

• Upvote 1

I got one for Xmas or maybe it was for my birthday.  Anyway it looks decent, but it's not something you'd use as a bath towel - be fine for covering a sunbed though.  No way it's worth £25 but that's not really the point, is it?  Now, just need the return of the Morton golf umbrella.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I see the £50 centenary rum sold out its 100 unit run in 16 minutes. Impressive you bunch of alkies. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

On 3/31/2022 at 8:54 PM, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Dogshite with a Morton crest on it.

Now that’s a great idea. Zero cost of production, plentiful raw material, and the opportunity to increase revenue by adding a hefty premium for the limited-edition 1970’s white version.

Albeit Raith's tactics didn't work I would've liked to have seen a slightly reduced admission, £10 for all of something, but I get the reason why they wouldn't. 

Overall an exciting week, think I'll get the top finally too. Let's roar our lads onto safety on Saturday, they fucking deserve it.

The kind of people who are inclined towards a Saturday at a windswept lower-league football ground are rarely put off by the cost. I'm not saying never, because obviously people will have tough financial circumstances etc., but if people who would normally go and watch tripe like Raith aren't doing so, it's rarely because of the twenty quid. If you're that into football that you'd consider going in the first place, the price is seldom the deciding factor. This has been borne out both by surveys and by tests like these, time and time again.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

There's maybe some circumstances were a reduced price could bump the crowd up, but even at that it's rarely likely to be to such a degree that it covers the loss. Perhaps for a game of significance a small deduction could bump the numbers up a bit, but even at that I wouldn't be sure.

In an ideal world, prices would simply be cheaper but I guess there's not a great deal anybody can do about that.

The best way to go about increasing attendances for next season would be making some really good additions in the summer and the club making an absolutely fuckin huge noise about how great things are and that the aim is to win the league as well as having strips and season tickets etc on sale early.

I don't think anyone in the town who might have some inclination to go to games could have missed the buzz about the place since Imrie came in, and building on that is the key to increasing attendances. Apart from the summer after winning the Third Division, this is by far the best placed Morton have been in a summer for some time in terms of genuine optimism and belief in the coming season. 

Tl;dr: Put a good team on the pitch, one that's a genuine contender and exciting to watch and that's how you get people to come and watch.

• Like 1

AWMSC

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

The kind of people who are inclined towards a Saturday at a windswept lower-league football ground are rarely put off by the cost. I'm not saying never, because obviously people will have tough financial circumstances etc., but if people who would normally go and watch tripe like Raith aren't doing so, it's rarely because of the twenty quid. If you're that into football that you'd consider going in the first place, the price is seldom the deciding factor. This has been borne out both by surveys and by tests like these, time and time again.

Absolutely agree. Purely from a business point of view, the optimum admission price is the highest the core die-hard support is willing to pay, and in that respect, 20 quid is probably about right. If we charged a tenner, I believe we'd we'd be lucky if we increased the gate by more than about 10%