Commercial Activity - Page 42 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

Having a fully open vote might make it a target for any random who wants to see us end up with a really shite strip, like black or ,hang on, actually like any of the 4 options.

• Upvote 2

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Strip choices are rightly the kind of decisions that should be put to MCT members, but I do think the phrasing on the website article was a wee bit clumsy, i.e. in the way it was described as "fan engagement". Obviously MCT is a form of fan engagement, but it could have been worded a wee bit more clearly.

Anyway, not the end of the world and it's a perfectly fair way to go about it.

AWMSC

Just now, EanieMeany said:

Strip choices are rightly the kind of decisions that should be put to MCT members, but I do think the phrasing on the website article was a wee bit clumsy, i.e. in the way it was described as "fan engagement". Obviously MCT is a form of fan engagement, but it could have been worded a wee bit more clearly.

Anyway, not the end of the world and it's a perfectly fair way to go about it.

Agreed, I don't have a problem with it, but then I am a member, maybe restrict it ST holders instead.

Still don't think it should be an open vote too much scope for those not of a Morton persuasion to hijack it.

I know I would if it were one of the ugly sisters.

The talk of hijacking is overblown in this instance. It's not like someone can suggest some outlandish shanner of a top that is then default chosen without veto on the basis of most likes.

The board have chosen 4 that they deem adequate. So if anything, it's them that have hijacked it with these selections which I think sail pretty close to the level of the one that caused all the aggro in the past (and in the case of the rotten red and blue one, arguably beyond that level).

The only influence outsiders can have is to select one that has rightly or wrongly been pre-declared as suitable. It's hardly someone suggesting Alexandra Burke goes to Peterhead and the internet making it happen.

Anyway, I understand the reason for making it MCT only (throw a relatively arbitrary decision at the members, make them feel important, keep getting their money). I disagree with it though for this decision.

A large part of the success of previous kit votes though was engaging with the younger members of the fanbase. They have been excluded this time as they are unlikely to be members (sure, some adult members will let their kids pick but it still excludes most). They are also arguably the largest demographic for kit purchase.

An action from the recent engagement survey was the need to engage a wider demographic of the fanbase. In this instance, rather than widening it, they have narrowed it.

it's not a huge issue but a missed opportunity I feel. They should never miss an opportunity to engage the younger fanbase.

They could have had 2 votes - 1 for MCT members to chose a better shortlist from a larger selection of the catalogue, then an open vote for the new shortlist. Some will argue time constraints but if the will was there it could have been done easily.

on the kits, for me, I would pre-order the black/grey one, would possibly buy the all yellow one once I see it in the flesh and would have nothing to do with the other two.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Alibi said:

Having a fully open vote might make it a target for any random who wants to see us end up with a really shite strip, like black or ,hang on, actually like any of the 4 options.

What about the GMFC shareholders, who do not subscribe to MCT? Shouldn't they be entitled to a vote?

Talking about shareholders, I'm still waiting on my letter of introduction from MCT who said they would be issuing it about three months ago.

• Downvote 1

Not my preferred option but it's not awful.

Looking ahead to the bespoke kits in 23/24.

1 hour ago, Waverley said:

What about the GMFC shareholders, who do not subscribe to MCT? Shouldn't they be entitled to a vote?

On what basis?

EOho8Pw.png

They're all shite anyway so wouldn't be getting the pitchfork out over it. Worth it for a year if we get our own designs again from next year.

• Upvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

22 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Not my preferred option but it's not awful.

Looking ahead to the bespoke kits in 23/24.

On what basis?

It should have been GMFC who ran the contest, not the majority shareholder (MCT).

Under the previous ownership (Golden Gasket), it would have been like restricting the vote to only shareholders of GC.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Waverley said:

It should have been GMFC who ran the contest, not the majority shareholder (MCT).

Under the previous ownership (Golden Gasket), it would have been like restricting the vote to only shareholders of GC.

Yeah, that's effectively how GC ran the club most years, though - the Board selected the kit. They only had a vote a couple of times, and only started doing so after that Half Pounders top debacle.

MCT owns and runs the club. If the minority shareholders don't like it, they can buy more shares.

EOho8Pw.png

45 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Yeah, that's effectively how GC ran the club most years, though - the Board selected the kit. They only had a vote a couple of times, and only started doing so after that Half Pounders top debacle.

MCT owns and runs the club. If the minority shareholders don't like it, they can buy more shares.

Not supposed to be true.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

I know, they are just often at pains to insist fan owned not fan run.

Right, but MCT-run doesn't mean fan-run, not explicitly. It's a one-member, one-vote organization but one with a directorate.

EOho8Pw.png

The club should be on to Smiths to commission a limited edition sale of Dougie Imrie's bath water. 

Would sell out quicker than the hats. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

38 minutes ago, port-ton said:

The club should be on to Smiths to commission a limited edition sale of Dougie Imrie's bath water. 

Would sell out quicker than the hats. 

Time to ditch Joma already and go with O'Neill's..

Move over Bob Marley, I want Dougie's face on the away kit.

_122972872_whatsubject.jpg