Commercial Activity - Page 39 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

2 hours ago, capitanus said:

No.  But there is a connection to the River Clyde too.

No, but its connected to a player from the same era as the purchase of the Love Street Stand.  

Is it something to do with Erik Paartalu? I know he has played in the Chinese Super League so maybe team he played for are based in a city somewhere along the Yangtze.

2 hours ago, Boogs49 said:

Is it something to do with Erik Paartalu? I know he has played in the Chinese Super League so maybe team he played for are based in a city somewhere along the Yangtze.

No, but very good guess.  He may have been a teammate of the same era, or they may have just missed each other.  They both played under David Irons.

Anyone else care to guess...

*insert signature here*

A few things from last night- no match programme? This is something that seems to be gradually getting phased out of the game in general, and probably something that most clubs lose money on, but the misty eyed old fart in me will mourn their eventual passing. I get not producing them last season or even for the Dunfermline game, but we’ve known restrictions were being lifted for a good while now and there would be a crowd at last night’s game. I fear for the future of our match programme.

Also, on leaving the ground last night, and passing what is now the away changing rooms, it crossed my mind that that could be converted into a shop for match days. Was it still used as a gym since that fanny stormed off in a huff and before that other fanny complained about the portakabins? It would surely be better to have an area that folk can walk round and browse before a game and at half time, once away teams can use their traditional facilities.

Finally, I’m a bit of a sad act for daft wee pieces of memorabilia like pin badges and key rings. I noticed this on the Smiths site and picked it up at the van last night.

32F54C68-AECE-4BF3-AC4F-DD25552B3363.jpeg

More of the same of this sort of stuff, please and thank you.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Toby said:

A few things from last night- no match programme? This is something that seems to be gradually getting phased out of the game in general, and probably something that most clubs lose money on, but the misty eyed old fart in me will mourn their eventual passing. I get not producing them last season or even for the Dunfermline game, but we’ve known restrictions were being lifted for a good while now and there would be a crowd at last night’s game. I fear for the future of our match programme.

Also, on leaving the ground last night, and passing what is now the away changing rooms, it crossed my mind that that could be converted into a shop for match days. Was it still used as a gym since that fanny stormed off in a huff and before that other fanny complained about the portakabins? It would surely be better to have an area that folk can walk round and browse before a game and at half time, once away teams can use their traditional facilities.

Finally, I’m a bit of a sad act for daft wee pieces of memorabilia like pin badges and key rings. I noticed this on the Smiths site and picked it up at the van last night.

As a similar dafty that will buy a dog shit with a Morton badge on it.

I've got the full size version on my garden shed.

On the gym, it was said on Monday night at the to MCT meeting. The gym is allegedly the envy of the Championship and some PL clubs. Apparently, the Newcastle boys were taken aback with the equipment available, some of which wasn't available at St James'.

I don't know cause I've never seen the inside, but that's what was reported

Has the club ever released a virtual tour of the stadium including the gym? That might be something that could go down well. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

As a similar dafty that will buy a dog shit with a Morton badge on it.

I've got the full size version on my garden shed.

On the gym, it was said on Monday night at the to MCT meeting. The gym is allegedly the envy of the Championship and some PL clubs. Apparently, the Newcastle boys were taken aback with the equipment available, some of which wasn't available at St James'.

I don't know cause I've never seen the inside, but that's what was reported

Think it's pretty decent. Seems to be a crossfit type place. 

3 hours ago, Toby said:

There's absolutely no need for all that packaging😂

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I saw inside the gym when it was still being done up so can't comment on the equipment itself, but yeah it's an impressive use of what had previously been useless space within the ground.

For all the many criticisms to be made of Hopkin's time in charge, that's one thing that deserves a lot of credit. Having the vision to see that an area which was previously a dilapidated afterthought being used as storage space could be turned into something giving the stadium a much more professional appearance, with facilities that can impress players and get use all year round was really commendable and suggested a more professional outlook than we'd been used to. Where previous managers had shrugged their shoulders and used the existing facilities at the club as an excuse for how things couldn't be better, we had someone thinking about what they could do with what the club had to improve things and make a long term difference rather than making excuses about how hard it was to operate out of an old stadium.

Sadly that no excuses let's make the best of things attitude didn't extend to on field matters too, but it was still a good step to launching the plucky little Morton attitude into the bin that's left a long term positive for the club. Timmins put the hours in to do the place by himself too.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

16 hours ago, Deego said:

Some new products on Smiths I’ve seen by chance.

Did wonder when I saw there was now a full range of bobble hats on there if they were all new.

Is this a new zip top Dougie is wearing also? Not sure I have seen it, nor is it on Smith's site.

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Am I right in thinking this is a different gym to the one Hoppy established? I thought the one he set up was up at the far end of the main stand?

The gym as it stands is where Mark kept his equipment for the pitch

They might have had one in the stand to begin with, but his big mate and world's shittest talent scout 'Dave Timmins' was supposedly responsible for putting the gym together in the equipment shed. It was definitely in place there by the time we were punting van Shite that August. 

I wouldn't say it was breathtaking at that time (it's a gym FFS) but they might have added more to the setup over time. It's certainly a good facility to have. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Has the club ever released a virtual tour of the stadium including the gym? That might be something that could go down well. 

There were virtual tours of the stadium and old training ground, but that was done about 15 years ago.

• Upvote 1

On the smiths website tonight and saw the new bobble hats that were mentioned. Would be good if the club also publicised these on social media and maybe even have an item of the week/ month that could be pushed.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come