Commercial Activity - Page 38 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

On 1/18/2022 at 7:17 PM, Toby said:

What’s the plan for the 100th anniversary in April? Was it the home kit and that’s the lot? Key rings? Pin badges? Beer glasses? Tee-shirts? Mugs?

For some reason, Facebook advertising decided to hit me with ads this morning promoting Partick Thistle's range commemorating their Scottish Cup win from 1921.

T-shirts, jackets, hoodies, medals and some golf tat.

Not trying to shine any positive light on that horrible lot but would like to think someone at Morton is looking around to see what other clubs do.

There's also a point to note about how that was put in front of me, via Greaves Sports, vs what Smith's bother to do.

Screenshot_20220126-093813_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220126-093807_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220126-093759_Facebook.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Not watched it yet but this is the kind of content I've been crying out for the club to start doing so well done. Finally get to see the players personalities and not just on a Saturday. 

The way to engage younger fans these days isn't a bog standard interview its stuff like this/fifa tournaments between players etc. 

• Upvote 2

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Excellent stuff. There's still a lot of major issues on the commercial/marketing front, but the improvements in the last few week are really impressive and it seems like a corner has been turned. Again, a long way to go but it's genuinely pleasing seeing big improvements on and off the pitch.

On a slight downside, can't help thinking that players not knowing the year and details of our Cup win doesn't really say much for the strength of the Centenary commemoration drive. 

Edit: Whilst this sort of thing is a good idea any time, I wonder if Imrie has maybe been involved in getting it going? Probably not I suppose, but given that the relationship between fans and players hasn't exactly been great for a while, these wee videos are a really timely addition in helping to try to remedy that as well as improving on the pitch.

Obviously the main gripes with the squad come down to performances, but the anonymity (for want of a better word) of the players - at least partly caused by going so long without fans - hasn't helped either, so it can only be a good thing to share a wee bit of their personality to let people get to know them a bit, as it were.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

I'll nitpick a bit: sound quality's shit, mics are either too close to them or set too sensitive.

Other than that this was pretty fun. Also I do an absolute ton of geography and general knowledge things and I was sure the longest river was the Amazon, so today I learned something.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

I'll nitpick a bit: sound quality's shit, mics are either too close to them or set too sensitive.

Other than that this was pretty fun. Also I do an absolute ton of geography and general knowledge things and I was sure the longest river was the Amazon, so today I learned something.

Interesting.  Google have listed Amazon as the longest river, however Wikipedia has listed the Nile.  However, they both list the Yangtze River as the third longest river in the world.  The Yangtze River does have a connection to Morton, does anyone know what it is?

*insert signature here*

7 hours ago, capitanus said:

Interesting.  Google have listed Amazon as the longest river, however Wikipedia has listed the Nile.  However, they both list the Yangtze River as the third longest river in the world.  The Yangtze River does have a connection to Morton, does anyone know what it is?

Is it a tributary of the Clyde?

Quality could obviously be a bit better going forward but as a first attempt I think it's an excellent effort and a massive stride forward for the club. Its great to see that Dougie and the squad are in the background having a laugh while it's happening. Can only be a good thing for squad morale. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

14 hours ago, capitanus said:

The old Love Street stand was melted down to reinforce the Three Gorges dam?

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

8 hours ago, HamCam said:

Is it a tributary of the Clyde?

No.  But there is a connection to the River Clyde too.

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

The old Love Street stand was melted down to reinforce the Three Gorges dam?

No, but its connected to a player from the same era as the purchase of the Love Street Stand.  

*insert signature here*