Commercial Activity - Page 37 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

39 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I'm sure it will be commemorated to be fair to the club. For me it would be a massive missed opportunity not to make a big deal of the club being a massive part of Greenock for 150 years and not just that we've been a football club for 150 years. I'd hope that there would be a real celebration of the club all around town but it's down to the club to make that a reality. It's a potential gold mine in terms of business and commercial opportunities compared to a normal year so I'd be hoping that they'd already be making plans/building relationships with local businesses this year in anticipation for it rather than leaving it to the last minute. 

Smack the word "community" on it and there's probably some fucking grants available or something.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

8 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Smack the word "community" on it and there's probably some fucking grants available or something.

Aye you'd like to think the council would be keen to promote it as well. By 2024 the only thing they'll have going for them is promoting the last remaining card shop in what's left of the oak mall building. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

22 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

My suggestion would be for collectibles (albeit a bit late now) would be to get Chris McNulty on board with his strip badges (or other ideas he has). We let a fan design strips, let an absolute fanatic design some collectible items.

Stars of '22 would be a great start 

#bucketandspade

I wonder who will have the meltdown this time around?

*insert signature here*

33 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Cllr Chris has model calmac boats for sale, I hear

Preparing for life after, ahem, politics and the **checks notes** Alba Party* already.

* :lol: :lol:

Edited by capitanus
  • Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

17 minutes ago, capitanus said:

I wonder who will have the meltdown this time around?

Maybe a new blog on the horizon. Need a creative name. #thefrogblog

12 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Preparing for life after, ahem, politics and the **checks notes** Alba Party* already.

* :lol: :lol:

Imagine siding with an absolute creeper.

3a7.jpg

• Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

They've definitely improved the social media over the last few weeks and this is hopefully a sign the commercial side of things is moving in the right direction as well.

it shouldn't have taken the fan survey and the whole twitter stooshie before Christmas to get to this place, but hopefully this is them turning the corner now and in the long term the shite first few months can become an afterthought. As said by others, the Scottish Cup centenary will be a good test of that.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Well that's £1500 for 1 day of selling hats. Shows you the money the club/Smiths have pissed away through inaction. 

Another positive in 2022. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Picked up my hat today and also a new scarf while I was in. The hat is a cracker. Really good quality.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

5 hours ago, GiGi said:

Well that's £1500 for 1 day of selling hats. Shows you the money the club/Smiths have pissed away through inaction. 

Another positive in 2022. 

Agreed. Just goes to show that there's definitely interest and a market to tap into. 

I wonder how much profit the club make from these. I know there'll be material and manufacturing costs and assume Smith's will take a cut too.

It'll be a relatively low percentage but the point is that it was relatively quick to identify the fan interest, to spin up, to get in front of customers, and to sell the lot. That's got to be encouraging for those are the club who are working on this stuff so I think we'll see more of this going forward.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

It'll be a relatively low percentage but the point is that it was relatively quick to identify the fan interest, to spin up, to get in front of customers, and to sell the lot. That's got to be encouraging for those are the club who are working on this stuff so I think we'll see more of this going forward.

Was similar with the reaction to the Nike kit. Pretty sure we went on to sell more tops than any other season after that. 

Both obviously very reactive but it just shows what getting a bit of attention can do to sales. 

11 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I agree but it's also important that the club maximise income from products like this.

I hope when they get more in, they have a supply on sale outside Cappielow on match days.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."