Commercial Activity - Page 34 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

6 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Watching tonight's stream, Kilmarnock have a pretty impressive advertising section with some relatively big names.

Surely this is something we could be looking at.

Was at hospitality and a few observations (albeit they've had luxury of too flight football):

They have a hotel owned by Billy Bowie and all profits go back to football club  - food looked class, the whole set up was class and premium pint like staropramen was just over 3 quid. OK, we don't have space, and probably area for it, but was impressive nonetheless. 

The same hotel was also offering a hospitality for 65 quid. 3 course meal, free bar etc. Set up such that it's not taking away from club

5 lounges. We are space premium and all things said, many people rant about the good quality of our hospitality. 

None of the above were really better or worse than what we offer certainly price and quality wise although I'd say having an external (In this case a hotel) was something additional. 

We'd do well the buy norseman and surrounding buildings and make it something worth while and reinvest profits. I'd ditch my local to visit some owned by morton. Quiz nights etc that I may attend at a local I'd easy ditch.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

21 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Was at hospitality and a few observations (albeit they've had luxury of too flight football):

They have a hotel owned by Billy Bowie and all profits go back to football club  - food looked class, the whole set up was class and premium pint like staropramen was just over 3 quid. OK, we don't have space, and probably area for it, but was impressive nonetheless. 

The same hotel was also offering a hospitality for 65 quid. 3 course meal, free bar etc. Set up such that it's not taking away from club

5 lounges. We are space premium and all things said, many people rant about the good quality of our hospitality. 

None of the above were really better or worse than what we offer certainly price and quality wise although I'd say having an external (In this case a hotel) was something additional. 

We'd do well the buy norseman and surrounding buildings and make it something worth while and reinvest profits. I'd ditch my local to visit some owned by morton. Quiz nights etc that I may attend at a local I'd easy ditch.

Maybe this is something that the club could approach the Holiday Inn and offer something from there. Expand on ground hospitality. Meal, transport, ticket and after match bar

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, vikingTON said:

I'd add my that 5 minutes odd highlights of a game - even one as hilarious as yesterday's scoreline - is for me at least pretty much the sweet spot for that package. The 13 minutes Dunfermline have apparently churned out is overkill and I don't see why so many clubs do the same. 

The only exception to this in recent history is of course the 2013 cup swording at Celtic Park, which should have the full two hours played to the background of Tom Boyd's tear-drenched gurning. 

Swap Boyd's commentary for My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion and that's Oscar winning material.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Fair play to the club. They seem to have got their arse in to gear a bit more in 2022. With the positive feeling around the club at the moment they're extremely lucky to get a second bite at the cherry so hopefully they don't blow it. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif