Commercial Activity - Page 30 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

4 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I'd love to know who, specifically, sent these messages out and on whose authority, because I don't think they're well-suited for it at all. At a time when the new manager is talking about our potential and how we need to all pull together in one direction, having someone at MCT basically go back to "poor wee Morton, stupid wee basket case, you should be grateful you're allowed in at all" is not on.

At the last vote, one of the candidates bio's mentioned how they had been involved in the marketing side. I'm pretty sure there were similar complaints back then and he got less votes than the rest because it made out like everything was great but got in anyway. 

Hopefully the guys at MCT aren't naive enough to think they're doing a good job representing and engaging with the membership. 

The most annoying thing about this for me is that towards the second half of the rae era Morton fans have probably been guilty of moaning about some things through disillusionment and the absence of hope that after the fact we can look back and say we've probably overreacted due to emotion, which is the same with any club in the world. 

It hurts me more this time because this was our chance to move on from that and bring back a sense of hope and pride and the fanbase as a whole have more than bought in to it. The big bad fan base aren't constantly moaning now because we've given up on the idea of a successful Morton, we are constantly moaning because we want, expect and demand a community owned club to be run at the very bare minimum better than the regime we took over from. 

I put in my fan survey that something I want from MCT is accountability for who's making decisions on what so the members can make informed decisions on who they've elected and what they're bringing to the table. Once they've taken the notes on board about if morton fans want hats in winter or not then I hope they find the time to take that point on board. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

5 hours ago, GIBBYTON said:

I can understand the GM/CEO, saftey officer and a few of the board having to sortnout covid issues. 

Derek Anderson said in the Tele recently that the club secretary had been “working with the MCT people” to develop the COVID protocols. Either they’re involved or they’re fuckin not.

• Upvote 1

AWMSC

The most frustrating thing is the complete lack of awareness from whoever is tweeting/running socials. Who thinks it's a good idea to do that knowing fine well you can purchase it? Comple lack of awareness.

Also I see we have sir Douglas of Imrie in some mismatching hand-me-downs

Pathetic

TIME FOR CHANGE!

That takes shoddiness to a new level.  And where is the hat that Dougie was wearing at training?  One of the few things I'd actually buy.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

22 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

They presumably don't have a number of ongoing issues that are high priority and are subsequently having to play a 'balancing act'

Get fucked, MCT.

Pathetic beyond belief

Are you still glad that you backed MortonCliqueTogether?

*insert signature here*

18 hours ago, irnbru said:

At the last vote, one of the candidates bio's mentioned how they had been involved in the marketing side. I'm pretty sure there were similar complaints back then and he got less votes than the rest because it made out like everything was great but got in anyway. 

Hopefully the guys at MCT aren't naive enough to think they're doing a good job representing and engaging with the membership. 

Just the one?

I'm sure that there were a few with 'marketing' expertise on the MCT 'leadership team' as well as several 'social media' experts - in fact everyone from 'boy with drum' through to 'guy with two heids' was claiming that expertise.  Where are they all?

Also, there was a former manager and a few former players roped in as football advisors, however none are currently on the board of either the club or the MCT organisation.  Why is that?

*insert signature here*

7 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

That Chinese Wall between MCT and GMFC miraculously disappearing when the excuses don't work again. 

Do you not think it is that way on purpose?  I do.  

Its to keep the rank and file members in their rightful place, and any with aspirations can only go so far, as Stuart Duncan will soon find out.

Eric Honecker would have been proud of a set-up like that.

*insert signature here*

23 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I'm sure when the whole MCT thing kicked off a couple of years ago, the commercial potential of the club was one of the things identified for improvement. Wasn't it? Why is it only now a priority?

Meanwhile: do they think every other club in Scotland doesn't have hoops to jump through to put on games? I get that it's hard work. It's also what they're there to do.

Using the survey to gauge the things that matter to a large number of people is all well and good, and I'm glad they're taking that step. But having an array of tat for sale at Christmas isn't really ground-breaking stuff, is it?

I'd love to know who, specifically, sent these messages out and on whose authority, because I don't think they're well-suited for it at all. At a time when the new manager is talking about our potential and how we need to all pull together in one direction, having someone at MCT basically go back to "poor wee Morton, stupid wee basket case, you should be grateful you're allowed in at all" is not on.

My partner bought me a wee bit of 'tat' as a stocking filler, arrived broken. Very on brand.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Do you not think it is that way on purpose?  I do.  

Its to keep the rank and file members in their rightful place, and any with aspirations can only go so far, as Stuart Duncan will soon find out.

Eric Honecker would have been proud of a set-up like that.

Stuart isn’t “rank and file” any more than any of that lot currently running the club are.

His snide, underhand attempts to get someone else to grass on the guy who gave Lithgow a piece of his mind at Raith the other week suggest to me that he’s got as much contempt for a certain section of the support as they do.

He knows what side his bread’s buttered on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Stuart isn’t “rank and file” any more than any of that lot currently running the club are.

His snide, underhand attempts to get someone else to grass on the guy who gave Lithgow a piece of his mind at Raith the other week suggest to me that he’s got as much contempt for a certain section of the support as they do.

He knows what side his bread’s buttered on.

Aye, but although he's been elected to be a 'committee man' for MCT and he would love to align himself with the real powerbrokers like *checks notes* Gordon Ritchie and Graham McLennan, he will soon find himself thwarted in his efforts to become one of the real 'committee men' on the Morton board, because another clique have divvied up those plum roles amongst themselves.  The 'rank and file' now seem clueless as how to oust them, despite their ineptitude on a number of fronts and they have found a key lackey from the 'rank & file' to help maintain the status quo.

Judging by the way they've performed so far, I'm very glad that I never joined up and I will reiterate my previous stance that I would sooner shit on my hand and then clap than give them my money.  

*insert signature here*