Commercial Activity - Page 29 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

2 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

That whole stream of replies is astonishing. It's hard to really know where to start, apart from the fact that the club is utterly, utterly doomed if that's how its owner communicates to the public. Makes you wonder what kind of shite goes on in private if that's what they're willing to say publicly. 

I'll keep on saying this until I'm blue in the face: the fact that the guys on the board are volunteers means they deserve more scrutiny and not less, because they have no personal skin in the game that the rest of us don't. They are quite literally there on the strength of the fans' money. The idea that we're supposed to feel sorry for them for having a lack of 'time and resource' is an absolute cheek because what resource they do have is coming out of the pockets of hundreds of Morton supporters who don't get blazers.

Of course, we mere plebs will never find out who's tweeting this stuff out, whether it's a guy on the MCT board or a guy on the Morton board, or both, or neither, so there's very little recourse here.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Footballing giants Ayr Utd managing to do the absolute bare minimum of promoting merchandise while at the same time adding supporter engagement to the process of buying said merch. 

Not sure where they found two club staff, a mobile phone and a clipboard to carry out that draw when they've got a game to put on. 

Screenshot_20211222-175140_Gallery.jpg

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

5 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Footballing giants Ayr Utd managing to do the absolute bare minimum of promoting merchandise while at the same time adding supporter engagement to the process of buying said merch. 

Not sure where they found two club staff, a mobile phone and a clipboard to carry out that draw when they've got a game to put on. 

They presumably don't have a number of ongoing issues that are high priority and are subsequently having to play a 'balancing act'

Get fucked, MCT.

Pathetic beyond belief

TIME FOR CHANGE!

10 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I was about to say "that's a bit of a shan photo" then I noticed it was a video thumbnail. A video! With moving images! It'll never catch on.

EOho8Pw.png

58 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

This would be an absolutely ridiculous performance at any time, but to keep digging and digging to this extent the day after announcing a new manager when we should have a tone of relentless optimism and positivity coming from the club and their owners really is unbelievable.

This is what's bothering me about it. I freely admit that my interest in Morton these days largely doesn't get much further than the bare minimum to still be routinely frustrated by just about everything the club does, so whilst I'd still have rolled my eyes at this previously, the new manager has reignited a wee bit of interest again.

I haven't been at Cappielow in fuck knows how long and didn't have any real plans on going back any time soon, but with the announcement of Imrie I was planning on going along on Boxing Day*: for once we saw a good decision by the club (although I suppose that depends on other candidates), and also a manager who's setting his stall out to change everything that's zapped my enthusiasm...

...and then this shite. What's the fuckin point? I'd maybe have still ended up going*, but it's just so fuckin demotivating to have something to cheer about and then read the nonsense MCT are coming out with. The actual content of the tweets is bad enough, but the worst thing is the attitude and approach they betray. It's pathetic, it's not on and whoever is responsible shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any organisation ever again.

*Obviously circumstances have put paid to that, but still.

• Upvote 1

AWMSC

Are people really surprised? Sadly, MCT are not fit for purpose. Another Christmas when I have not bought a single piece of Morton merchandise but not to worry it is not a priority for MCT - they have a supporters survey to navel gaze over. Does anyone really believe MCT still has 890 members? 

Considering we are fan owned and not fan run I find it amazing that almost every single good idea implemented by the club has come from reacting to fans moaning on here and social media. 

Throughout lockdown every Facebook wife in the country had the ingenuity to start a bonus ball for some crap and made themselves a small fortune, but we can't think to offer a Strip or couple of places at hospitality for one of the smaller games etc. 

You're not telling me that between selling to fans and local businesses that we can't sell at least 500 bonus ball tickets at a fiver a go for two hospitality tickets that were probably going to go unused anyway.  That's over 2 grand right there I've brought in to the club sitting on the couch in my boxers. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

My twitter timeline is filled just now with diddy clubs making an effort to generate income. 

Have to go back to 14th December to get the last time the club advertised anything and that was hospitality and half price season tickets. 

Screenshot_20211222-193522_Twitter.jpg

• Upvote 1

32.gif

Can understand a survey for general merchandise ideas and to ask fans which bits of shite they’d like to see produced, but to identify we need to do anything!? I’m honestly baffled at it and that line on Twitter about the hoops to jump through. It’s straight out the Rae playbook, and even they occasionally managed to sell nonsense at Christmas. 

6 minutes ago, BishopBrennan said:

Today was yet another 'sliding doors' moment for MCT. I made the point on the podcast that the attitude the players have towards the fans is either reinforced, or even stems, from those inside the club. Today's replies to James Binnie, in particular, were incredibly galling and pulled back the curtain to the views that exist inside MCT. That showed a complete lack of self-awareness from whoever was tweeting from the MCT account, and I'd be incredibly interested to learn who it was. 

We've now had 18 months of middle-management business jargon from the folk in charge. Rather than hit us with bluster and bullshit bingo - get your fingers out and start showing tangible results. It's been spoken about and planned internally since the takeover was announced. It's also worth bearing in mind that, during this time period, an individual with outstanding professional commercial credentials was so frustrated with MCT that he felt the need to walk away. 

Cut the bluster. Cut the bullshit. It's time to shit or get off the pot and admit you're out of your depth.

I absolutely cannot believe that we're sitting here, less than 48 hours after Sir Douglas has returned, speaking negatively about both Morton and MCT. What a shite situation, on the back of the biggest opportunity both parties have at a second chance to win over the fanbase. An entirely underwhelming announcement of Sir Douglas getting the job and now this utter tripe. It certainly isn't the 'Big Bad Morton Fans' that are to blame for wanting a bit of positive engagement and the completely unreasonable request of *checks notes* the club maximising their commercial activity at Christmas.  

In fact, if we need to up commercial income, I might develop and sell my own MCT Bullshit Bingo drinking game. 'The club definitely need to improve X', 'Moving forward', 'I don't disagree', 'We're committed to', 'Jumping through hoops' and 'Engaging with fans' are all one shot each. This could get messy. 

Played my part

Morton and MCT, as much as it hurts to say, are absolute fucking losers.

• Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!