Commercial Activity - Page 28 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

6 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Bar half season tickets and re-plugging the home top around the Inverness cup game, nothing. 

So much for maximising income streams.

There was barely a joined up approach to season tickets and new kits at the start of the season either. Maybe more understandable then when bang in the middle of a complicated takeover but no excuse now. 

Don't disagree with Deego, but, what's the likelihood of any such thing being left alone, particularly in the east end of Greenock.

It would likely be defaced or damaged within a couple of days.

Sad, but a fact of life in this area, the murals on Ann Street were ripped apart as were the Christmas decorations in the Port recently.

Don't think it would be worth spending the money on it just to give some fuckwit a few minutes pleasure destroying it.

17 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Don't disagree with Deego, but, what's the likelihood of any such thing being left alone, particularly in the east end of Greenock.

It would likely be defaced or damaged within a couple of days.

Sad, but a fact of life in this area, the murals on Ann Street were ripped apart as were the Christmas decorations in the Port recently.

Don't think it would be worth spending the money on it just to give some fuckwit a few minutes pleasure destroying it.

Aye, that did cross my mind to be fair which is indeed sad.

Maybe the old style, up high, sign would have to do.

Mind when MCT had identified all this stuff last year and seen ways to make more money? Might want to get someone on to that. Nothing has changed.

• Upvote 2

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

16 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Mind when MCT had identified all this stuff last year and seen ways to make more money? Might want to get someone on to that. Nothing has changed.

They’re too busy navel-gazing instead of getting the collective finger out of their arses. I don’t see why they have to wait on a supporter survey for an area that has previously been identified and mentioned about from MCT.

• Like 1

That whole stream of replies is astonishing. It's hard to really know where to start, apart from the fact that the club is utterly, utterly doomed if that's how its owner communicates to the public. Makes you wonder what kind of shite goes on in private if that's what they're willing to say publicly. 

AWMSC

4 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

That whole stream of replies is astonishing. It's hard to really know where to start, apart from the fact that the club is utterly, utterly doomed if that's how its owner communicates to the public. Makes you wonder what kind of shite goes on in private if that's what they're willing to say publicly. 

Absolutely. Fucking embarrassing. I'm shocked they're still replying to me 😂

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The other thing here is that the implication from this kind of thing is that the purpose of MCT is/was to acquire a football team for people who, as far as I can see (and I may be wrong), have not been in any way elected or exposed to any real scrutiny. How else are you meant to read "the owners don't have any involvement with the club" line?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AWMSC

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

I see on twitter they're saying that if this is an area the survey shows as needing improved they'll prioritise it. Jesus fucking wept; abysmal.

It shouldn't take a survey to know just how far behind they are on this.

Not a single bit of Christmas marketing for anything that smiths sell. Tragic.

Mental. They'd have been better not replying than saying that. 

Edited by irnbru