Commercial Activity - Page 27 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

2 hours ago, Deego said:

I was thinking about the Hall of Fame earlier, and read it raised £12,000 on one of the events.

That’s well worth doing again. Last one was 2017 so it’s probably a decent time maybe next year or the year after. 

They should also look to make it more of a physical HoF, with pictures around Cappielow like St Mirren do. Must be sponsorship/advertising opportunities in that. 

Aye, there's that and the fans game which brought in 3-4k so the odd event wouldn't do any harm. 

Anyone else think we are about to lose our commercial manager if this venture takes off?

https://www.inverclydenow.com/new-outdoor-advertising-business-launches-in-inverclyde/

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:12 PM, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I noticed in this Inverclyde Now article that Lesley Ann has taken up a role with a new start-up company, which she will perform 'alongside her current role as commercial manager with Greenock Morton Football Club'. So as well as a part-time General Manager, we also have a part-time Commercial Manager. We really are tinpot. 

https://www.inverclydenow.com/new-outdoor-advertising-business-launches-in-inverclyde/

PS - Good luck to Lesley Ann in her new role.

Missed the original post.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Ray Von said:

Was in smiths there to see if the quality of tops was any better than last time, unfortunately only medium had 4 pulls on it, so they’ll not be getting my money for that. 
I then overheard 4 wee guys in the queue who were talking about how good it was winning on pens the other night, and how they were looking forward to tomorrows game. 
They went to buy tickets, when the shop assistant told them with glee that under 12’s needed an adult to buy tickets.

So I done what any decent person would do and got the tickets for them. What sort of way is that for Morton to treat the next generation of supporters?

Unfortunately, you have now released them to the stewards who will give them a horrible experience when they try to gain entry.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Yeah, they won't be allowed in unless accompanied by an adult.

Good way to encourage the supporters of the future.

40 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Unfortunately, you have now released them to the stewards who will give them a horrible experience when they try to gain entry.

Hope they get in anyway, they seemed excited talking about Morton the same way I was at that age.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Ray Von said:

Good way to encourage the supporters of the future.

Hope they get in anyway, they seemed excited talking about Morton the same way I was at that age.

Don't disagree, just seen a few negative posts on twitter recently about the stewards and kids not getting entry.

3 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

This has been the case for a long time, long before MCT took over.

Yep, and it's increasingly common in Scotland. Not necessarily defending it but clubs are scared stiff of liability over unaccompanied children. 

EOho8Pw.png

I contacted the club 2 weeks ago as wanted to take my sons football team to tomorrows game. With next to no away fans i asked about some sort of hospitality ticket for them that included entry, pie and a drink. Cant say that I'm surprised that i got no reply from club.

Wonder if the half season tickets for fortress cappielow are flying off the shelves this Christmas. 

Edited by port-ton

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

16 minutes ago, Deego said:

Has there been any marketing of items for sale in the run up to Christmas? I haven't seen a thing, which is pretty shite.

Hee haw, but the £14 calendar’s on the website. £14 quid to have a month of Robbie Muirhead on your wall and another month of Lithgow.

Re-print it with 12 pictures of oor Douglas bodying that minging lot in Glasgow’s east end, charge £20 and I’ll buy a couple.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Deego said:

Has there been any marketing of items for sale in the run up to Christmas? I haven't seen a thing, which is pretty shite.

Bar half season tickets and re-plugging the home top around the Inverness cup game, nothing. 

So much for maximising income streams.