Commercial Activity - Page 26 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

3 hours ago, Toby said:

Great to see the club trying to shift hospitality- except, when my pal called yesterday to book for 13 of us for the Arbroath game on October 2nd, he was told that Lesley Anne was off yesterday and today and to phone back tomorrow (Wednesday).

Then they advertise Raith hospitality today. This begs a few questions.

Who is selling hospitality in Lesley Anne’s absence for Raith?

Why couldn’t they take our booking for Arbroath in her absence?

Why are they advertising it on her day off if they can’t take bookings in her absence?

Is it a case of a communication breakdown that contradicts what fans were told yesterday?

Is it a case of Morton having our £1200 odd in the bank for the last two years anyway so we can wait whilst they deal with the more immediate issue of Saturday’s game?

Whatever it is, and I think of Lesley Anne as one of the good guys, who does a good job at Cappielow; if bookings can’t be taken in her absence, that’s yet another one of the basics the club are failing in. I get that the money’s in the bank, but pissing off your loyal fans who have already put their hands in their pocket doesn’t bode well for repeat custom.

Really poor customer service from the club, again.

To be fair, I used the enquiry form on Saturday and got a mail from Lesley Anne to say she's call on Monday. Got the call as promised and it's all booked up with the deposit paid. 

I think she's working from home so surely whoever answered the phone could have just emailed her the details. 

16 minutes ago, irnbru said:

To be fair, I used the enquiry form on Saturday and got a mail from Lesley Anne to say she's call on Monday. Got the call as promised and it's all booked up with the deposit paid. 

I think she's working from home so surely whoever answered the phone could have just emailed her the details. 

It's sound mate I'm going with Toby anyway but cheers for the shout.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Lesley Anne isn’t the issue, though- others not being able to accept bookings when she’s not there is, and telling the customer to phone back in a couple of days time, rather than actually making the commitment to contact them, is.

Added to that, to advertise hospitality for a forthcoming game the following day, when she’s also off, would suggest there is actually someone inside Cappielow that can deal with bookings when she’s not around, but they just chose not to deal with my mate. Did they expect to advertise today but not receive any phone calls until tomorrow?

It strikes me that whoever answered my mate couldn’t be bothered dealing with his query as it’s relating to a game a few weeks down the line, but they’re interested in dealing with Raith queries as they have to get hospitality filled at shorter notice.

For a club that’s so often pleading poverty, they sure don’t help themselves when folk are wanting to send a few quid their way.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Lesley Anne isn’t the issue, though- others not being able to accept bookings when she’s not there is, and telling the customer to phone back in a couple of days time, rather than actually making the commitment to contact them, is.

Added to that, to advertise hospitality for a forthcoming game the following day, when she’s also off, would suggest there is actually someone inside Cappielow that can deal with bookings when she’s not around, but they just chose not to deal with my mate. Did they expect to advertise today but not receive any phone calls until tomorrow?

It strikes me that whoever answered my mate couldn’t be bothered dealing with his query as it’s relating to a game a few weeks down the line, but they’re interested in dealing with Raith queries as they have to get hospitality filled at shorter notice.

For a club that’s so often pleading poverty, they sure don’t help themselves when folk are wanting to send a few quid their way.

Aye, I agree with you. All it would have taken from them was an email that could have been written while they were on the phone taking details. 

Another example of how things could/should be.

Paphos have a home game this Saturday and I was invited along by a friend.

To buy a ticket, you must have a fan ID card (free of charge) that put me off going at first as I thought it would be a faff to get. Not so.

He took me to the club shop where I registered for my ID card (which also required a photo to be taken), bought a club polo shirt, which had to be printed with the crest, and the entire process took no longer than 10 mins. I was also given two free fridge magnets for my troubles.

It's not hard.

Edited by The Bewilderedbeast

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Easdales in talks to buy Derby County according to sky sports. I take it they're still able to sponsor us even if that went through? 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed in this Inverclyde Now article that Lesley Ann has taken up a role with a new start-up company, which she will perform 'alongside her current role as commercial manager with Greenock Morton Football Club'. So as well as a part-time General Manager, we also have a part-time Commercial Manager. We really are tinpot. 

https://www.inverclydenow.com/new-outdoor-advertising-business-launches-in-inverclyde/

PS - Good luck to Lesley Ann in her new role.

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant

I was thinking about the Hall of Fame earlier, and read it raised £12,000 on one of the events.

That’s well worth doing again. Last one was 2017 so it’s probably a decent time maybe next year or the year after. 

They should also look to make it more of a physical HoF, with pictures around Cappielow like St Mirren do. Must be sponsorship/advertising opportunities in that. 

5 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I noticed in this Inverclyde Now article that Lesley Ann has taken up a role with a new start-up company, which she will perform 'alongside her current role as commercial manager with Greenock Morton Football Club'. So as well as a part-time General Manager, we also have a part-time Commercial Manager. We really are tinpot. 

https://www.inverclydenow.com/new-outdoor-advertising-business-launches-in-inverclyde/

PS - Good luck to Lesley Ann in her new role.

As far as I am aware, and I stand to be corrected if wrong, but she has always been part time in her role with Morton.

1 hour ago, Deego said:

I was thinking about the Hall of Fame earlier, and read it raised £12,000 on one of the events.

That’s well worth doing again. Last one was 2017 so it’s probably a decent time maybe next year or the year after. 

They should also look to make it more of a physical HoF, with pictures around Cappielow like St Mirren do. Must be sponsorship/advertising opportunities in that. 

There is a hall of fame mural type thing along the corridors of the main stand, as you go past the Boardroom. It's not exactly anything big mind you.

While we're at it, that big wall outside Cappielow, between the Main Stand and Cowshed turnstiles, is rife for a big sign, or maybe some street art or something. 

23 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

As far as I am aware, and I stand to be corrected if wrong, but she has always been part time in her role with Morton.

There is a hall of fame mural type thing along the corridors of the main stand, as you go past the Boardroom. It's not exactly anything big mind you.

While we're at it, that big wall outside Cappielow, between the Main Stand and Cowshed turnstiles, is rife for a big sign, or maybe some street art or something. 

I was once a world renowned Grafitti artist.  I can draw a big cock & balls there if it helps. :D

*insert signature here*