Commercial Activity - Page 25 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

1 minute ago, capitanus said:

That fucks your chances then, doesn't it?

Presumably his application was filed in the bin next to all of Gormless Gordon's kit designs. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

47 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

I'd call that a great opportunity missed.

He lost a crayon drawing competition to 6 year olds and your contribution is no better.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I note that 'the paper tickets don't work' through the gate as well today, as another lingering effect of Iron Man's decision to spunk £100k on shan, white elephant turnstiles. 

• Upvote 1

The crowd yesterday was just under 1,500 but it could and should have been more. The lack of promotion/marketing was a missed opportunity. The problems with the card readers is another example of amateur hour under MCT. If one of my sons had not been looking in on social media we would have arrived at the ground with no idea it was cash only. As for starting a season with fans unable to get their hands on new strips... I really want to buy in to fan ownership but to date it has been one misstep after another. More the same old same old than a new broom.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HamCam said:

The crowd yesterday was just under 1,500 but it could and should have been more. The lack of promotion/marketing was a missed opportunity. The problems with the card readers is another example of amateur hour under MCT. If one of my sons had not been looking in on social media we would have arrived at the ground with no idea it was cash only. As for starting a season with fans unable to get their hands on new strips... I really want to buy in to fan ownership but to date it has been one misstep after another. More the same old same old than a new broom.

Around 1300 Morton fans for our first proper game back in 18 months is really really poor.

Looking back at previous seasons, we had around 2000 under the snake when we started the 2018-2019 season for games against Queens and County but crowds started to fall under JJ and they have never really recovered since. There was a feel good factor that pre season with snake impressing,  signing some good players and the fans bought into it, selling over 1100 season tickets. Compare that to this season and its night and day.

MCT have a massive job on their hands,  firstly ensuring crowds don't fall further and secondly attracting back the 5-600 who have chucked it over the last 3 years. If they can, it adds an extra 200k/year in revenue.

Hope they manage it but I'm not convinced.

Edited by Madton
  • Upvote 1

Maybe wishful thinking, but I was hoping for around 2k or so yesterday. ~1400 was probably what we were getting before last year’s lockdown. I know there’s the Ton TV viewers as well, so that’ll have an impact, as well as ticket prices, the weather and the general shabbiness of operations at Cappielow.

2 hours ago, Madton said:

Around 1300 Morton fans for our first proper game back in 18 months is really really poor.

Looking back at previous seasons, we had around 2000 under the snake when we started the 2018-2019 season for games against Queens and County but crowds started to fall under JJ and they have never really recovered since. There was a feel good factor that pre season with snake impressing,  signing some good players and the fans bought into it, selling over 1100 season tickets. Compare that to this season and its night and day.

MCT have a massive job on their hands,  firstly ensuring crowds don't fall further and secondly attracting back the 5-600 who have chucked it over the last 3 years. If they can, it adds an extra 200k/year in revenue.

Hope they manage it but I'm not convinced.

The price of season tickets was cut significantly that season, by about a third if I remember correctly. It helped get fans in and maintain the crowd numbers a bit, but financially it was a real miscalculation. 

Cut prices and a three year plan for promotion, which were dumped after about a month. 

They should maybe change to promo material for the home top so it actually looks like the home top. That picture is not what the team are wearing.

• Upvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

6 hours ago, GiGi said:

They should maybe change to promo material for the home top so it actually looks like the home top. That picture is not what the team are wearing.

That would require pro-active rather than the usual reactive thinking down at Cappielow!

On a positive note Smith's emailed me to say my top was in the post so happy days!

here today, gone to hell

6 hours ago, BishopBrennan said:

I collected both my tops yesterday and I'm absolutely delighted with the feel, fit and colouring of both of them. 

I'm the same apart from the badge on the home top. The big square panel looks a bit daft but might be OK after a wash. 

Just on the price of kits etc.

I picked up this season's Paphos FC home top for my grandson from their club office today for the princely sum of €15, (about £13) genuine top not a rip off from a tat shop.

It also came in a quality paper bag embossed with the club crest.

Adult tops are €40. (About £ 34)IMG_20210830_170107.jpg

Edited by The Bewilderedbeast

• 3 weeks later...