Commercial Activity - Page 24 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

I remember the boy Barr talking about how there is a marketing strategy in place this year to improve club engagement and communication, we don't even have a preview of the game tomorrow! No manager thoughts on the game or his thoughts on our new signing! No match report or preview for the Hamilton game, no link to the interview with the new signing. Our news feed is mostly made up of lottery numbers. It's an absolute embarrassment. What happened to the weekly update?

An absolute basic requirement should be a match preview and report and pre and post manager interviews for every single game. 

I'd guess every other SPFL team would have match reports and previews on their site.  Feck, most junior clubs do.

Why do we not have hospitality up and running like other clubs? Easy money earner.

No wonder fans just can't be arsed anymore, we are an absolute shambles from top to bottom and the club don't seem to give a feck.

Welcome back but...

Edited by Madton
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, capitanus said:

I think there is too much emphasis placed on promoting the games, especially as those that already care enough about Morton already know that the games are now open for spectators and that getting in to see the game isn't that much of a problem - it might just be the case of queueing up for 10 minutes at the ticket window which is no great hardship.

This. Good post

TIME FOR CHANGE!

30 minutes ago, Madton said:

I remember the boy Barr talking about how there is a marketing strategy in place this year to improve club engagement and communication, we don't even have a preview of the game tomorrow! No manager thoughts on the game or his thoughts on our new signing! No match report or preview for the Hamilton game, no link to the interview with the new signing. Our news feed is mostly made up of lottery numbers. It's an absolute embarrassment. What happened to the weekly update?

An absolute basic requirement should be a match preview and report and pre and post manager interviews for every single game. 

I'd guess every other SPFL team would have match reports and previews on their site.  Feck, most junior clubs do.

Why do we not have hospitality up and running like other clubs? Easy money earner.

No wonder fans just can't be arsed anymore, we are an absolute shambles from top to bottom and the club don't seem to give a feck.

Welcome back but...

Aye, the website is a bit of a farce. Shouldn't be too difficult to add a news story with all the details needed, emebed the weekly update and then just use social media to direct people to the post with the full details and a bit more engagement. The site could link to selling tickets, strips, etc - it's not complicated. 

4 hours ago, Deego said:

With that approach there's only one direction the size of our support is going. 

There's also a reason that massive companies like Coca-Cola and whoever else continue to still spend millions on advertising a year. I can't imagine anyone in their marketing department would last long if they suggested, "everyone knows about Coke, if they want one they'll go get one".

All Football clubs in Scotland and beyond get loads of free media coverage every week, and anyone who wants to go to a Morton game can get in if they have the admission fee - our games are never sold out.  Anyone who decides on the day to go to a  game just needs to turn up at Sinclair Street and ask a steward where do I get a ticket, and you'll be pointed to the right window or queue, it's not difficult.

*insert signature here*

18 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

It probably would have, however as i say the info has been there at least, if not before, yesterday leaving ample time. I can't believe there's grown men who planned to go to the game, now not going because they couldn't solve the extremely complex ticketing puzzle. 

Some folk are never happy

You are incapable of removing yourself from the perspective of a die hard who (like everyone on this forum) spends more time than most people thinking about Morton, and looking at things from the perspective of casual fans who don't care half as much but might be tempted to attend if it's made easy for them and the details are readily available.

If those people have to put more than the minimal amount of effort in (eg taking one quick look at the website, twitter or facebook) they just won't bother, and I'll be surprised if that isn't reflected in the attendance today.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

7 hours ago, capitanus said:

All Football clubs in Scotland and beyond get loads of free media coverage every week, and anyone who wants to go to a Morton game can get in if they have the admission fee - our games are never sold out.  Anyone who decides on the day to go to a  game just needs to turn up at Sinclair Street and ask a steward where do I get a ticket, and you'll be pointed to the right window or queue, it's not difficult.

It’s you that’s in charge of advertising isn’t it?

here today, gone to hell

12 hours ago, Madton said:

Welcome back but...

Half a dozen of us are heading to Glasgow early afternoon for a bevy.  In past days it'd have been via Cappielow but if Morton simply can't be arsed then neither can I.  The whole set up from top to bottom is an embarrassment and I'm reluctant to give any of my money over til they make it more apparent they've serious intentions about taking the club forward.

• Upvote 2

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

1 hour ago, bob_the_builder said:

It’s you that’s in charge of advertising isn’t it?

No.  I've nothing to do with the running of the club.

However, anyone that wants to go to a Morton game, whether they are regulars, fairweather supporters or random folk that just want to catch a game, will be guaranteed admission if they've got the right money.  The restrictions are not there anymore.

I doubt very much that there will be hundreds of Partick or St. Mirren supporters saying 'I'm not going to the game because the club never gave me advance warning on my Bebo of how to get into the fucking ground".  Shite excuse.

• Downvote 1

*insert signature here*

6 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

That may be a problem for those who decide to 'rock up' (notice that nobody walks up anymore?) to the game at 2.45pm without cash and expecting to pay by card.  There is no cash machine around that area.  I think that Morrison's would be the closest, and by the time you'd get down there and back you'd miss a big chunk of the first half.

How would they know this if they don't use social media?

anyway, considering that Morton have so much previous for fucking things up, nobody in their right mind should turn up at the game without cash on them.  Things like this are bound to happen, especially with this motley crew of committee men taking charge.

*insert signature here*

1 minute ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

Given a week at Cappielow I reckon I could have these problems solved. What are those folk who are running the place actually doing? Do they know what they are doing?

Guess what, the supporters now own the club.  Why don't you put yourself forward and do us all a favour then?

*insert signature here*

26 minutes ago, capitanus said:

That may be a problem for those who decide to 'rock up' (notice that nobody walks up anymore?) to the game at 2.45pm without cash and expecting to pay by card.  There is no cash machine around that area.  I think that Morrison's would be the closest, and by the time you'd get down there and back you'd miss a big chunk of the first half.

How would they know this if they don't use social media?

anyway, considering that Morton have so much previous for fucking things up, nobody in their right mind should turn up at the game without cash on them.  Things like this are bound to happen, especially with this motley crew of committee men taking charge.

I'm sure there's a machine at the shops on Sinclair Street. It's definitely going to catch people out though as you say. I very rarely carry anything over a tenner these days.

14 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I'm sure there's a machine at the shops on Sinclair Street. It's definitely going to catch people out though as you say. I very rarely carry anything over a tenner these days.

There’s a few kicking about that area but you’re fucked for finding them unless you know the area well.

12 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Well, This MCT mob are (or will soon be) owners.  He reckons he could sort out all the clubs problems in a week - superb, what's stopping him then?

I know, just being factual. We're not. Yet.

1 hour ago, capitanus said:

Guess what, the supporters now own the club.  Why don't you put yourself forward and do us all a favour then?

They've just employed a guy who's job it is to do just that.

• Downvote 1
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.