Commercial Activity - Page 23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

53 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

I find it hard to believe that you make other plans based on lack of information. Despite them not saying, it's pretty obvious tickets can be bought from Smiths or Cappielow now that restrictions have gone. 

People love a moan. 

Here was me thinking that tickets should be bought online and uploaded onto a fan card, pre-pandemic. Where that has disappeared to, we have no idea. There has also been no ticketing information in the local press. So no it isn't 'pretty obvious' at all what the arrangements are to casual fans/the general public who are not regular visitors to this cesspool.

People don't need to make 'other plans': attending a live football match is that other plan after the past 18 months. The club is dropping a serious bollock by not having a clear marketing message for the first game back without shan restrictions and wrapping folk over the head with that message on every platform all week long. If people aren't attending in the next few games then most won't be back for a very long time. 

That the away fan arrangements haven't been finalised just sums up the complete amateur hour way in which the club is being run. Even if the Council is sticking its oar in now, they have already had ten days to do nothing else in terms of matchday preparation than get a credible plan together and inform people well in advance about what that would look like. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

That's my point; if you wanted to go to game you would. Tickets aren't like gold dust they're easily obtainable by, ermm, going to Smiths (who have sold tickets for years) or going to the ticket office at Cappielow now that the restrictions have gone. 

ETA: the info was there a whole 3 days before the game. Whilst they weren't very forthcoming with it, that's sufficient time to wrap your head around how to get a ticket and go to the game. 

Schoolboy, toys out the pram, "we canny get ticket info", behavior IMO

• Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

23 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

the info was out there mid-week. 

7 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

the info was there a whole 3 days before the game.

[citation needed]

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

[citation needed]

To be fair, the club did state over a week ago that 'There will be no need to purchase your ticket in advance.'

There's certainly a clarity of communication issue. The club could have stated again, in a clear, concise message, at the beginning of this week that tickets can be purchased at the ground in the usual way up until kick off. I think that would've helped. 

11 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

To be fair, the club did state over a week ago that 'There will be no need to purchase your ticket in advance.'

There's certainly a clarity of communication issue. The club could have stated again, in a clear, concise message, at the beginning of this week that tickets can be purchased at the ground in the usual way up until kick off. I think that would've helped. 

It probably would have, however as i say the info has been there at least, if not before, yesterday leaving ample time. I can't believe there's grown men who planned to go to the game, now not going because they couldn't solve the extremely complex ticketing puzzle. 

Some folk are never happy

TIME FOR CHANGE!

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

It probably would have, however as i say the info has been there at least, if not before, yesterday leaving ample time. I can't believe there's grown men who planned to go to the game, now not going because they couldn't solve the extremely complex ticketing puzzle. 

Some folk are never happy

Tbf, if they are casual fans from out of town or were maybe just going for something to do and had read things like tickets were only available until 2 on Saturday then its not unreasonable for them just to go off the idea.

Going to Cappielow just isn't that appealing for some people so these wee things make all the difference. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

You are putting an awful lot of stock in 'planned', when the word originally used was 'mentioned'. There's lots of things that you can mention that you might do at the weekend, before deciding to do something else or not bother at all. It's really not a binding commitment. 

Any sort of 'stupid because completely avoidable' obstacle that the club sets up in the path for that sort of potential customer is going to lead to a portion of that casual interest not being followed up. There is no reasonable bar for this. The only solution is to have a clear ticketing message being blared out on all channels as soon as possible. We weren't even playing last Saturday, so I fail to see any reason why GMFC couldn't be on the ball. 

"Some folk are never happy"

That would suggest that the club has changed its commercial and media approach based on previous negative feedback. It hasn't though. This episode of 'belated updates only after being prompted by questions/complaints' is actually straight out of the club as well as MCT handbook from earlier this summer. 

I'd like nothing better than for GMFC to be run as a smoothly professional commercial outfit that doesn't have its own fans rolling their eyes every other week and other fanbases labeling it as a tinpot outfit. It's really not the most fascinating subject in the world, and on a normal football club's forum this topic would attract about ten posts a season outside of kit launches. So long as we continue to leave money and the club's reputation for competence on the table though then there will be negative feedback because it has knock-on consequences for the team that we can put out on the park. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's not difficult.

It's a business.

It wants your money. ( correction needs).

It makes this seem like an attractive and easy thing and takes any doubts and obstacles away.

It tells you in simple terms  what to do to give them your money.

That's for casual attendees, not what by the standards of this forum sometimes comes across as cult members / devotees.

I sometimes wonder just what would have to happen to make me stop going. (Must have a heightened sense of morbid curiosity).

I think there is too much emphasis placed on promoting the games, especially as those that already care enough about Morton already know that the games are now open for spectators and that getting in to see the game isn't that much of a problem - it might just be the case of queueing up for 10 minutes at the ticket window which is no great hardship.

*insert signature here*

Season tickets and gate receipts are by far the most consequential consumer income for the club. If we're overdoing it, I'd hate to see what underdoing it looks like.

Or perhaps it's we're emphasizing it a lot in volume but not much in substance. This is how I feel about a lot of the 'viral' club accounts on Twitter. Aye, you're getting Likes from various bellends in Tunbridge Wells and Seattle, but if they're not buying a kit, who cares?

EOho8Pw.png