Commercial Activity - Page 22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

17 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

A reactionary 'reminder of our update' posted.

Yeah, the update that said nothing about how or where people get tickets for the match, and still doesn't...

Aye just saw that on Twitter.  Guess I'll be rocking up to the ticket office at 2:30 with my fingers crossed

ETA I have absolutely no problem doing that in the mean time if it means Interstadia have been binned!

Edited by bob_the_builder

here today, gone to hell

45 minutes ago, good guy said:

They have replied on twitter saying tickets can be bought from Smiths or Cappielow in advance.

Which is information that could have been conveyed with far less hassle and a far greater commercial effect, by issuing a standalone marketing/commercial post about where and how to actually buy tickets on Monday morning and then repeating it as and when needed throughout the week. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

Which is information that could have been conveyed with far less hassle and a far greater commercial effect, by issuing a standalone marketing/commercial post about where and how to actually buy tickets on Monday morning and then repeating it as and when needed throughout the week. 

Yup, 100% agree. That its taken someone to have to ask is pretty grim. 

23 minutes ago, Deego said:

My mate emailed (twice and phoned) during the week to find out how he could get a ticket and was told he could buy one between 12-2 on matchday.

Then there's going to be a fair crowd of people at the car park who turn up to buy a ticket on entry but are refused because its too late. Especially if the club continue to blanketly refuse to actually publish ticketing information beyond that of the stream.

I see the SLO is now saying we await council approval for away fans to be allowed. After the official QOS twitter had to ask the question.

Its fucking Thursday evening and nobody has bothered to relay that sort of information either.

They really don't give a shit if anyone turns up, beyond the season ticket holders they have already banked the coin from, do they?

Edited by Jamie_M
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Then there's going to be a fair crowd of people at the car park who turn up to buy a ticket on entry but are refused because its too late. Especially if the club continue to blanketly refuse to actually publish ticketing information beyond that of the stream.

I see the SLO is now saying we await council approval for away fans to be allowed. After the official QOS twitter had to ask the question.

Its fucking Thursday evening and nobody has bothered to relay that sort of information either.

They really don't give a shit if anyone turns up, beyond the season ticket holders they have already banked the coin from, do they?

Was saying to my mate irnbru earlier that I'd have expected a lot more promotion behind the first 'normal' game back. However long without the football and it's finally back good and proper - I'd have thought people would be choking to go, but only if they know they actually can.

• Upvote 2

A couple of old pals who had mentioned earlier in the week that they were gonna go along to Cappielow for the first time in a while (pre-pandemic), have since made other plans given the lack of ticketing info. I’m not sure what’s going on behind the scenes between Morton and the council, but it seems like another missed opportunity to get a decent crowd back.

The guys who changed their plans due to lack of ticketing info must be pure snowflakes btw,anyone I have spoken to is looking forward to a game without restrictions,hopefully these lads find something well organised to occupy their time and are not too easily offended should anything not go to plan..

Its morton at home,crowd limit of 5k that will be at most 2000 anyway ,goto the norseman early get a pint,walk up to ticket office and buy said ticket ,the earlier the better,go back to norseman and get more beer goto game and enjoy ..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, TONofmemories said:

I find it hard to believe that you make other plans based on lack of information. Despite them not saying, it's pretty obvious tickets can be bought from Smiths or Cappielow now that restrictions have gone. 

People love a moan. 

It wasn't obvious at all, particularly not for more casual fans who they should be hoping to attract for this one, and people shouldn't have to assume.

It was just an oversight not to explicitly state that in their initial update when a sentence or two confirming it would have had everyone happy and left no room for any complaints, but little oversights add up and leave people feeling there are issues with communication if they persist.

That's before considering the away fans issue, which although it doesn't impact Morton fans is an absolute shocker and we'd be seething about if we were the away team. To give absolutely no indication that away fans aren't going to be allowed to attend in saying people can buy tickets on the day as normal, then on Thursday night (via the SLO with nothing official coming from the club) say that it's not actually been decided yet if away fans are allowed is dreadful. If there was ever any possibility of away fans not being allowed to attend that should have been made explicitly clear in their first update last Wednesday, but it wasn't.

As contact tracing details aren't being taken for people buying on the day there's really nothing to stop QoS fans just turning up anyway and buying tickets, but that's hardly the point.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake