Commercial Activity - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

10 hours ago, GiGi said:

Hugely inconsistent though so it's hard to have much faith in this supplier.

Fair amount of inconsistency on the player shirts too such as the badge placement. Some have it predominantly on a white hoop, some blue, some half and half.

IMG_20210809_110257.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Fair amount of inconsistency on the player shirts too such as the badge placement. Some have it predominantly on a white hoop, some blue, some half and half.

IMG_20210809_110257.jpg

Aside from the badge they look like different strips in the photos. Must have been more than one five year-old involved. Maybe the next job to be advertised will be a Quality Contol Officer.

Aye that's a mess. Sleeves different as well.

The only top I've bought in the last couple of seasons is last years home top which I got recently, and the stitching is shite on that as well.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

The only top I've bought in the last couple of seasons is last years home top which I got recently, and the stitching is shite on that as well.

Cost a fortune as well.

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

IMG_20210809_110257.jpg

It's not the badge that's misplaced, the hoops are not aligned properly, look at where the top hoops on each shirt cross through the collar buttons. Shoddy.

56 minutes ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

It's not the badge that's misplaced, the hoops are not aligned properly, look at where the top hoops on each shirt cross through the collar buttons. Shoddy.

Yeah, I get that. It's the knock on effect on the badge that Particularly draws my eye.

Gozie's, closer to how it's supposed to be, is OK.

Screenshot_20210809-164211_Chrome.jpg

Would be raging if i ordered and got one like Russell's.

3 hours ago, GiGi said:

I bought last season's home top and can't fault it, personally. Which is an issue in itself, they shouldn't constantly be different from top to top the way that they are.

I think it's time to go back to a proper supplier from next season. Hummel Morton tops with the shevrons on the sleeve would be smashing.

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

1 hour ago, RealTonKid said:

Well spotted.

223918561_487429285670586_63831262560256

That's absolutely fkn tinpot. How the fk did those shit shows pass quality checks. Who the fk at morton accepted that shite it's an absolute embarrassment. Cunts need emptied for this shit or we can forget anything ever changing at morton. 

• Upvote 1

I'm still all in favor of the tinpot kit manufacturer. It adds a certain DIY punk ethos to our appearance.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I am available for public relations contract work.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

Any updates on when we actually get the tops? Bought them both after the excitement of a win at the weekend. 

Shipping delay because 5 year olds can only carry so many to the lorry but they still hope arrival by end of August.

Edited by Jamie_M

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Shipping delay because 5 year old can only carry so many to the lorry but they still hope arrival by end of August.

Are any other teams impacted by covid or just us? Seems to me that's a bit of an excuse for leaving it too late. 

1 minute ago, Renfrew said:

I can understand the delays, as long as mine turns up before September in decent nick and not looking like one of the tin pot tops above with mis-aligned hoops I'll be happy!

1 minute ago, irnbru said:

Are any other teams impacted by covid or just us? Seems to me that's a bit of an excuse for leaving it too late. 

Doesn't look like it but every other team uses a proper branded sports gear supplier!

here today, gone to hell

9 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

I can understand the delays, as long as mine turns up before September in decent nick and not looking like one of the tin pot tops above with mis-aligned hoops I'll be happy!

Doesn't look like it but every other team uses a proper branded sports gear supplier!

No issues with the same supplier over thr last few seasons though. If its because of the delay to the take over fair enough but just say that. 

If they're delayed any more and it's a couple of months into the season before we get them then I'm assuming we'll have the tops for two seasons now too. 

There's no need for another home top at all. If the club wants to flog merchandise every year then it can just alternate between a new away/third kits, while establishing the proud dignity of a simple and unsponsored home kit. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

23 hours ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

It looks to me as though it’s both - the hoops aren’t consistently aligned as you point out, but the placement of the badge relative to the collar placket is also different.

Sounds like pre ordering is not the way to go and if you still want one you'd be better going in to the shop and picking up one that looks decent enough.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg