Commercial Activity - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Aye, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’ll boost the budget, though. If Golden Casket are at the helm, it’ll only mean that the money raised will go to the squad, saving GC a few quid on what they had budgeted for in the first place.

It’s a “no” from me for putting my hand in my pocket beyond what is absolutely necessary until such time as I trust Morton’s owners.

Great point, well made.

Now, a commemoration and celebration at the first post-Rae era game, now that I will happily throw money at.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 5:10 PM, Toby said:

Aye, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’ll boost the budget, though. If Golden Casket are at the helm, it’ll only mean that the money raised will go to the squad, saving GC a few quid on what they had budgeted for in the first place.

It’s a “no” from me for putting my hand in my pocket beyond what is absolutely necessary until such time as I trust Morton’s owners.

Yep agreed. Until MCT are actually in control of the club that has to be the default position.

Mon the Ton

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

You'd hope that means that a replacement is in the offing. Someone fully dedicated to media/online content.

Or the MCT team think they can handle it from here...

17 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Given the timing, with the season just about to start, you do wonder what is happening behind the scenes at Cappielow? As for Morton/MCT forward planning for Gerry jumping ship...

Someone asked on Twitter yesterday if there will be a weekly update this week. MCT replied to say some content will be out today.

Gerry's last one or insight into what their plan is? 

7 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Still looking to get 3/4 in. Finger out for fuck sake.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Saw the new tops in the window of Smiths yesterday, stitching on the 3rd top looks like a five year old done it, and the home top doesn’t look as good as in the pics, hope they’re not the finished product.

Also noticed there was 2 different versions of the yellow away top in the shop, different est 1874 logos.

35 minutes ago, Ray Von said:

Saw the new tops in the window of Smiths yesterday, stitching on the 3rd top looks like a five year old done it, and the home top doesn’t look as good as in the pics, hope they’re not the finished product.

Also noticed there was 2 different versions of the yellow away top in the shop, different est 1874 logos.

Got to think they're not the final product given the nick of the top in the tweet a few posts back compared to the one the team were wearing afainst Dunfermline last week. Hugely inconsistent though so it's hard to have much faith in this supplier.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

10 hours ago, Ray Von said:

Could just be the prototypes. Were the sleeves on the home top chevrons or hoops, that's a big difference between prototype and player kits?

22 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Could just be the prototypes. Were the sleeves on the home top chevrons or hoops, that's a big difference between prototype and player kits?

Can’t remember tbh, was more the third top I looked at because of the state of it.

• Upvote 1