Commercial Activity - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.gmfc.net/christmas-at-cappielow/

Good to see some advertising, even if it is a bit late.

One thing I did note is vouchers for hospitality which are valid for a year. Effectively taking money away from the club next season as the new owners would be expected to honour them, when the money has been banked under the current ownership.

Maybe it's the cynic in me, but is that a bit sneaky?

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

44 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

One thing I did note is vouchers for hospitality which are valid for a year. Effectively taking money away from the club next season as the new owners would be expected to honour them, when the money has been banked under the current ownership.

Have MCT confirmed they'll be taking over? I thought there was a review at some point where the transition might be extended for a year? 

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

15th of December and skint Morton finally get the bright idea that they should try to sell some stuff. 

Agree the hospitality offering is dodgy. He'll be flogging next season's season tickets next.

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Smacks of desperation but the best they could do as 'bring a friend' has not been working of late.

50 minutes ago, Toby said:

£14 for a calendar is a fucking rip off.

The price of most football related merchandise is a rip-off but fans buy it.  Morton though make little effort on the merchandising front hopefully that is one area MCT look at to increase income assuming they commit.

5 minutes ago, HamCam said:

The price of most football related merchandise is a rip-off but fans buy it.  Morton though make little effort on the merchandising front hopefully that is one area MCT look at to increase income assuming they commit.

Dunfermline £5.99

Falkirk £10

Hibs £9.99

St. Johnstone £9.99

That’s the Scottish clubs that appeared on my Twitter feed first whose websites I checked. It would appear some rip off their fans more than others.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

It's a rip off at this time of year, but worse still, a crowd of us went to hospitality for the first home game of the season a number of years ago and we were offered a calendar at full price in August.

It was pointed out that more than half the year had passed and why was it still full price.

There's some really nice pictures in it was the answer.😂😂

2 hours ago, Toby said:

You wonder if there'd be more profit in lower prices across all the merchandise. I sometimes jump on the website for a look but I can't bring myself to fork out some of the prices for things I don't particularly like or want, but would probably otherwise purchase to support the club.

Especially at the moment with unbranded shite. https://www.smithsofgreenock.co.uk/Morton-Puffa-Jacket-Best-Seller-p192817956 - 65 quid ffs.

26 minutes ago, Deego said:

You wonder if there'd be more profit in lower prices across all the merchandise. I sometimes jump on the website for a look but I can't bring myself to fork out some of the prices for things I don't particularly like or want, but would probably otherwise purchase to support the club.

Especially at the moment with unbranded shite. https://www.smithsofgreenock.co.uk/Morton-Puffa-Jacket-Best-Seller-p192817956 - 65 quid ffs.

Absolutely - the entire range is absolutely overpriced. 14.99 for a calendar is indeed a rip-off.

I wonder if it's related to Smiths ordering / supplying on behalf of Morton and both parties trying to make sure they receive a margin on each product, which in turn drives up the price. As always, I'm not surprised they can't get this kind of thing right...it really shouldn't be this difficult.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

5 hours ago, Toby said:

Again!?!

I thought that was one of the things that you mentioned to our expensive Chief Executive when he sought an audience with you earlier this year.

Nice to see that he took your comments on board.

*insert signature here*

3 hours ago, Deego said:

A Puffa jacket!?!

Crikey, what year is this, 1994 again?

ETA: I checked it out, it's not even a 'Puffa' jacket. :lol:

It's that 'est1874' brand crap.  Puffa were a brand which were popular in the early to mid nineties.  Even Morton's commercial partners manage to 'Morton' things.

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

6 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Again!?!

I thought that was one of the things that you mentioned to our expensive Chief Executive when he sought an audience with you earlier this year.

Nice to see that he took your comments on board.

Indeed. Hence it was something I looked out. The calendar was £8 a week or so into the new year anyway, so I suspect the same will happen this year.

I’m afraid I’ve had it with merchandise now though. I’ve got my season ticket so will continue to get the stream anyway, and if we have any home cup ties I’ll buy them as not to would just be cutting off my nose to spite my face, but nothing else.

I e-mailed the club yesterday seeking a refund of £89 for my part of our hospitality for the cancelled Dundee United game that was going to be carried on after fans return, and would urge you to do the same. I’m just not prepared to line his pockets any more than I have to now. The way things are going anyway, MCT might well own the club by the time we return to grounds so they’d merely be honouring Crawford‘s debt, as has been suggested further up the page.

10 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Normally I'd be asking Santa for some Morton tat but this year I'm not bothering. My family can save a bit on postage to the US, at least.

I don’t normally ask for anything but I always get the Morton calendar for one room and the Scotland one for another. It’ll be the Sheffield United and Scotland ones this year, both priced at a reasonable £9.99.

Edited by Toby