Commercial Activity - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

Not that i want to harp back to this time last year, but yet again we've got about 400 different brands of kit with absolutely zero consistency or thought for image and how it looks. 

I got a hard time - wrongly so ofc - for bemoaning the mismatching traning gear last year, but i'll do it again this year; its a fucking riddy and lacks any sort of professionalism whatsoever. It looks shoddy and it concludes that we've absolute zero commercial awareness whatsoever. Or at least not a coherent awareness of how you make sell a product effectively. 

It's simple; release new training gear for the new season, make it consistent and not an assortment of the last 2 or 3 seasons worth, and put it on sale to generate some cash. It goes a long way to look like a proper outfit. 

There's sunday league teams capable of having matching training wear. No excuse for us. 

GET IT SORTIT 

58 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Agree the multi manufacturer, the lack of commercial acumen and strategy are all completely unacceptable and have been issues for years and should be addressed.

Still didn't have an issue with the response.

• Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

4 hours ago, EdinTon said:

Don't even think junior teams have three different manufacturers associated with them for a kit, and multiple training kits (including the Joma gear we can still buy on Smiths). It's amateurish, it's Morton.

The joma gear is for the morton community teams. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

45 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Other club accounts replying to fan queries isn’t exactly unique. Even Celtic used to do it before their SLO started dealing with their fans complaining about everything.

There's a difference between reply and the official account not knowing what the club sells though. 

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, irnbru said:

There's a difference between reply and the official account not knowing what the club sells though. 

Well yeah, but the initial point was about the club even replying in the first place, I was saying it’s fine to do so 

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Why though?

They chose to go with joma as vision were absolutely hopeless at fulfilling orders.  MitC were getting a lot of complaints from coaches, kids and the parents about it. The joma gear isn't the best in terms of designs but they are much more reliable. 

8 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Not that i want to harp back to this time last year, but yet again we've got about 400 different brands of kit with absolutely zero consistency or thought for image and how it looks. 

I got a hard time - wrongly so ofc - for bemoaning the mismatching traning gear last year, but i'll do it again this year; its a fucking riddy and lacks any sort of professionalism whatsoever. It looks shoddy and it concludes that we've absolute zero commercial awareness whatsoever. Or at least not a coherent awareness of how you make sell a product effectively. 

It's simple; release new training gear for the new season, make it consistent and not an assortment of the last 2 or 3 seasons worth, and put it on sale to generate some cash. It goes a long way to look like a proper outfit. 

There's sunday league teams capable of having matching training wear. No excuse for us. 

GET IT SORTIT 

Of course it's buckshee and a bit embarrassing. I just don't think that it counts as a marketing disaster as others have claimed though because I doubt the club has ever make a significant sum at all from flogging shite polyester training gear. 

Of all the nonsense/cut-corners approaches going on at Cappielow I don't think this breaks into the top ten in terms of significance.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

19 minutes ago, Deego said:

Does anyone actually know how to buy a season ticket?

You can buy it on gmfctickets, but it's a bit of a rigmarole. It no longer requires Flash, which is nice, but it's a mess to get through it. Nonetheless at least it works.

The club publicized the gmfctickets news on its official site with the ST announcement on July 24th. I've scarcely seen it mentioned since then, and the gmfctickets homepage itself really hides the ST option.

It's not as bad as it was, but it's all still a bit cobbled together. The fact that the club is barely pushing season tickets really sticks in the craw. It's as though they've just chucked it and declared a permanent casual Friday because they know it'll be someone else's problem soon enough.

EOho8Pw.png

8 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Of course it's buckshee and a bit embarrassing. I just don't think that it counts as a marketing disaster as others have claimed though because I doubt the club has ever make a significant sum at all from flogging shite polyester training gear. 

Of all the nonsense/cut-corners approaches going on at Cappielow I don't think this breaks into the top ten in terms of significance.

Agreed RE. it not being THAT big a priority, however when the manager is doing interviews begging we really ought to be doing better, eh?

It's all part of the same problem really; complete lack of  commercial effort/awareness across the board, regardless of the product. 

• Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

11 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Well yeah, but the initial point was about the club even replying in the first place, I was saying it’s fine to do so 

My post was about someone asking if kit in the picture was available and the club account basically saying we don't know. 

The combination of appearing to not know what they sell and the photo having yet another manufacturer of training kit isn't really a good look and isn't helping us drum up some much needed sales. 

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Agreed RE. it not being THAT big a priority, however when the manager is doing interviews begging we really ought to be doing better, eh?

It's all part of the same problem really; complete lack of  commercial effort/awareness across the board, regardless of the product. 

Aye, that's my problem. Don't be using the begging bowl while at the same time not doing anything to increase sales of things like season tickets and kits/training gear. It's not difficult to get new signings holding a season ticket advert or wearing the new top for example and mentioning them in the article. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, amateur hour again to not mention season tickets since they went on sale. Other clubs give regular updates on how many they’ve sold, although it probably wouldn’t be a good look for us to say “we’ve sold 100 season tickets in 8 weeks!”

Amateur hour all over the shop really.

Was in smiths today and has a good look at the 3rd top. The stick in sponsor takes the look away from it. Think they missed the boat not having it in the material and the same colour as the badge. 

The kids tops also look to be a lighter shade of blue than the adults tops.