Commercial Activity - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

On 8/8/2020 at 2:48 AM, dunning1874 said:

Were Morton or any other club ever officially partnered with Nostalgia cases? Good as they are, I was never under the impression revenue from them went to the clubs, other than perhaps a token sum for use of their badges.

If Morton were 'officially licensed' with them, then yes they were receiving a fee per case sold. I also dealt with them in my old job and set up a similar deal, initiated solely because I saw they had connected with Morton.

The fact you can request any kit for pretty much any phone is a nice selling point but we never actually made much money from the deal, I think partly because they are quite pricey*. 

Morton might have been better with https://theterracestore.com/ or similar, where you can get retro stuff for a decent price and quality as well.

*Edit: I say Nostalgia are pricey, but I see the the 3d versions are even more expensive...! 

Edited by hayfever

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

I used to work for a company that had offices in Katowice, Poland, so I'd spend a bit of time over there. I developed an interest in their local club, GKS. They used to be decent but are now in the Polish third tier, which is absolutely crap, and they probably play in front of 1,000 or so most weeks. Nonetheless, here's the kind of stuff their official club shop is putting out:

http://blaszok.pl/

Meskie is Men, then the four options are Shirts, Jumpers, Hoodies, and Shorts. Gadzety you can probably figure out yourself; it's worth going through the 52 items they have on offer here.

A lot of the shirt designs are great. The gadgets aren't anything to write home about but there's a terrific assortment of them. And this is for a fairly nondescript club, admittedly one from a big city, but a big city where there's probably as many Ruch Chorzow and Gornik Zabrze fans as GKS supporters. I really don't think they're turning these things out at volume, but nonetheless the designs are pretty good and there's a variety.

Why can't we have stuff like this? Why do we just get these shan wee partnerships with Interstadia and Manuel's Basuras del Teléfono (Panama) Ltd.?

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

My dad contacted the club a fortnight ago asking if they'd like to do an article/news item on three generations of a family renewing their season ticket - myself, him and my son (who we know technically can't renew until we can attend the games). They said they'd be delighted and asked when. We said anytime before the 11th since my son and I don't live locally and will be back at work/school.

He's heard nothing since. I've told him I'm not all that surprised.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:08 AM, TRVMP said:

I used to work for a company that had offices in Katowice, Poland, so I'd spend a bit of time over there. I developed an interest in their local club, GKS. They used to be decent but are now in the Polish third tier, which is absolutely crap, and they probably play in front of 1,000 or so most weeks. Nonetheless, here's the kind of stuff their official club shop is putting out:

http://blaszok.pl/

Meskie is Men, then the four options are Shirts, Jumpers, Hoodies, and Shorts. Gadzety you can probably figure out yourself; it's worth going through the 52 items they have on offer here.

A lot of the shirt designs are great. The gadgets aren't anything to write home about but there's a terrific assortment of them. And this is for a fairly nondescript club, admittedly one from a big city, but a big city where there's probably as many Ruch Chorzow and Gornik Zabrze fans as GKS supporters. I really don't think they're turning these things out at volume, but nonetheless the designs are pretty good and there's a variety.

Why can't we have stuff like this? Why do we just get these shan wee partnerships with Interstadia and Manuel's Basuras del Teléfono (Panama) Ltd.?

There must be hundreds of businesses in the UK who can design and supply the kind of merch you are talking about, and we'd all like to see Morton offer. I wonder if the club is restricted because a/the deal with Smiths??

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

So I’ve just seen this isn’t actually a PR role, we’ve let Ewan go? After the furlough/CFB mess? That’s a shanner. 

We’re doing the exact same thing again. Chucking what should be different roles into the same one to cut corners.

51 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

So I’ve just seen this isn’t actually a PR role, we’ve let Ewan go? After the furlough/CFB mess? That’s a shanner. 

We’re doing the exact same thing again. Chucking what should be different roles into the same one to cut corners.

Why on earth should there be separate and carefully demarcated roles for far from critical backroom tasks when the club doesn't even know when it will have its main source of income back again for the coming year?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Ewan posted this on Twitter a few hours ago; 

I know Ewan may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but there is a distinct smell of internal politics about this decision. Am I being cynical in suggesting that the job title given to Gerry McDade has been manufactured in such a way that nobody can claim constructive dismissal?

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

9 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Ewan posted this on Twitter a few hours ago; 

I know Ewan may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but there is a distinct smell of internal politics about this decision. Am I being cynical in suggesting that the job title given to Gerry McDade has been manufactured in such a way that nobody can claim constructive dismissal?

Would be incredibly easy for them to defend a constructive dismissal case on the basis that current circumstances have forced the requirement for increased media including live broadcast which they deemed warranted a more senior member of staff than a part time media assistant.

19 minutes ago, so72 said:

So, someone with very limited experience is to lead our Club TV and PR efforts. Hope he does well and enjoy his interviews but it does appesr like jobs for the boys rather than actually getting the best qualified candidate in.

Probably isn't a club more in need of experience as well since we are prone to the occassional omnishambles.

According to a quick scan of his LinkedIn, he worked for 2 years as a producer/presenter for Celtic TV, as well as doing Ads for ESPN/STV and making corporate training videos for Barr's. He's been the director of a media production company for 10 years.

What sort of experience are you looking for?

Edited by Hej
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Why on earth should there be separate and carefully demarcated roles for far from critical backroom tasks when the club doesn't even know when it will have its main source of income back again for the coming year?

Perhaps not at the minute, that’s a fair point but ideally PR and comms should be different from whoever’s doing social media. Far from the priority at the minute I know, but we’ve caused ourself issues by bundling everything media related into the one role before.  

24 minutes ago, Hej said:

According to a quick scan of his LinkedIn, he worked for 2 years as a producer/presenter for Celtic TV, as well as doing Ads for ESPN/STV and making corporate training videos for Barr's. He's been the director of a media production company for 10 years.

What sort of experience are you looking for?

Should have looked at his LinkedIn rather than other people's tweets. Cheers for clearing up.