Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 89 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, so72 said:

Worrying that there hasn't even been so much as a rumour in the last week. Still another week till our next game but starting to wonder whether we will get the 4 new faces Gus wants/we need.

There's barely been a whisper in weeks.

37 days since Jack Hamilton signed.

Guessing that the 4/5 players coming in could very well be loans of we haven't brought anyone in yet. Not unusual for loans to be done at the end of the window. Been a gamble starting the season with the squad we have and 4 points from 2 games is unexpected but we additions need to be made to enhance the squad and competition for places.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 hours ago, BigHogTon said:

Is there any truth to the Jake Hastie rumours? Heard he’ll be signing today alongside a former Hibs striker

Would be astonished but obviously delighted with Hastie.

Would have expected him to have offers far higher up the food chain but then, he was all set to go to Partick but that is now off the table apparently 

It's a sniff of some rumours which is more than we have had in a while.

Could it be that some Premiership clubs are waiting till their squads are complete before confirming they can loan out certain players to Morton or any other club? This could explain the lengthy silence on potential signings, as we can’t speak on behalf of those clubs or who they might loan out, even if we have some sort of conditional “agreement in principle”.

50 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Could it be that some Premiership clubs are waiting till their squads are complete before confirming they can loan out certain players to Morton or any other club? This could explain the lengthy silence on potential signings, as we can’t speak on behalf of those clubs or who they might loan out, even if we have some sort of conditional “agreement in principle”.

Would agree this could be the case for a boy like gullan who is currently hibs third choice striker, but surely can’t be the case for hastie who is nowhere near getting a game for rangers, in fact he was last seen in there B team even though he has proved a capable premiership player at Motherwell and proved he can play in league 1 in England with Rotherham.

26 minutes ago, Boogs49 said:

Owen Moffat has been mentioned above and he scored 5 goals today as Celtic beat Vale of Leithen 10-0

Definitely worth trying to get on loan.

A couple of ringers from this forum could score against Vale of Leithen. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived