Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 81 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

20 hours ago, TRVMP said:

The official club site still links to the old .com mortonclubtogether site, which is no longer functional, having been replaced by a .co.uk without any functional redirects (none that I can see, anyway.)

On the MCT 'About' page there are 17 people named. Can one of them maybe change the link, do you reckon? An awful lot of chefs, not enough broth.

What we really needed was Hayfever to tell us all 'I was once involved in a fan own club and I know how things need done'.

:rolleyes:

*insert signature here*

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, so72 said:

Any feedback from Raith fans? 

Consensus seemed to be that he was a handful. Won't challenge the top scorers of the league but will certainly chip in.

Injury hampered his impact last season.

Of the 2 they let go, Ugwu and Duku, they say Ugwu is the superior choice.

Hopeful.

Looks a good addition. Scored 19 goals in 2016-17 and 14 in 2019-20  at conference level so must be a player in there.

Raith fans seem to rate him and say he's better than Duku who went to ICT.

Was injured at the start of last season but hopefully gets a good pre-season under his belt this season.

If Muirhead can finally kick on, its a decent front 3.

'Real', 'goalscoring' centre forwards don't get released by Raith fucking Rovers without regret, or job around about a dozen clubs by the midway point in his career. 'Being better than Kalvin Orsi' is not my benchmark for a pleasing signing either. 

Perhaps McPherson will work well with him, but that belief is already doing a lot more heavy lifting in our forward line than I'm content with. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

18 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

'Real', 'goalscoring' centre forwards don't get released by Raith fucking Rovers without regret, or job around about a dozen clubs by the midway point in his career. 'Being better than Kalvin Orsi' is not my benchmark for a pleasing signing either. 

Perhaps McPherson will work well with him, but that belief is already doing a lot more heavy lifting in our forward line than I'm content with. 

🙄😴

Happy with that signing this be honest. An upgrade in what we have.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Gus was at the Clydebank v Cumbernauld Colts game last night.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

28 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Gus was at the Clydebank v Cumbernauld Colts game last night.

That was on Saturday, went to that with a couple of my mates but never saw him there. Pity, would’ve been nice to catch up with my old mate.

Archived