Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 80 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

31 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Assuming he signed to play midfield as Strap (unless we're gonna lose him for a fee) is surely our go to Left Back. We can't afford to be signing back up players when we've barely got a squad assembled. 

How do you assemble a squad without signing 'backup'/'alternative' options as part of that process? 

I think that we're all looking for a statement of intent signing (and this isn't it) but we also needed a versatile left-sided option, regardless of whether Strapp stays or not. The proof of that was the ridiculous McGinty at left back formation that plunged us into the play-offs in the first place. I've got no problem with this deal tbh. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, port-ton said:

Scottish lower leagues is mostly about who you know when it comes to signings, we aren't unique. 

Until the above attitude gets hounded out of Cappielow, we will achieve absolutely nothing though. Doing the same as everyone else on a poorer budget is a recipe for utter mediocrity.

Building a credible scouting/recruitment strategy should be priority 1A for the new regime with a timeframe to deliver it that they are held to.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think Mark Russell signing for us is the first decent bit of news we have had for a while IMO. He had 3 seasons playing in Ireland obviously has matured as a player. He was very raw with us but I think he could be a really good player at this level. Good pace doesn't mind taking people on and very forward thinking. 

Have we officially moved on then from 'using Gus' contacts' then (flip open the contact details for anyone who has ever played for the spoon-burners) to 'shipping in ringers wholesale'? 

13 minutes ago, Doddie said:

We are looking at a goalkeeper Cameron Mason according to the tele. 

Played over 150 games for Curzon Ashton of the National League North before leaving at the end of the season. Was selected for the England C squad last year, so seems to be decent anyway.

http://www.curzon-ashton.co.uk/news/post/a-z-cam-mason

Good to see that they have updated the squad list on the official site albeit it is still wrong - First Team Squad - Greenock Morton FC (gmfc.net) The only other point of note is we have finally 'lost' our former manager/first team coach/last man standing from the names. Maybe one day in the future when the fabled MCT transparency and openess is unveiled we might find out what happened.

2 hours ago, HamCam said:

Good to see that they have updated the squad list on the official site albeit it is still wrong - First Team Squad - Greenock Morton FC (gmfc.net) The only other point of note is we have finally 'lost' our former manager/first team coach/last man standing from the names. Maybe one day in the future when the fabled MCT transparency and openess is unveiled we might find out what happened.

Shows Butler and Colville as being away, not that the club have bothered to tell us that either.

As for the regular updates on all things Morton interesting to see the advert for Head of Sports Science up on LinkedIn and Butler leaving confirmed in the Tele. As Jamie suggested the person charged with updating the official website has so far only been taught how to press the delete button. If only the fans owned the club and could therefore be assured of being kept in touch with events at Cappielow.

12 minutes ago, Madton said:

Sure a new website will be along shortly to fix all these issues.. 

The official club site still links to the old .com mortonclubtogether site, which is no longer functional, having been replaced by a .co.uk without any functional redirects (none that I can see, anyway.)

On the MCT 'About' page there are 17 people named. Can one of them maybe change the link, do you reckon? An awful lot of chefs, not enough broth.

EOho8Pw.png

From my limited research, Mason would seem a decent bit of business. Played a lot of games, and is still only 25. Was voted the club’s POTY last season and seems to have been a fan favourite for quite a while. Always a gamble taking a punt on players from that level, but I’m fine with us doing it with the better performing ones like him. 

5 hours ago, TRVMP said:

The official club site still links to the old .com mortonclubtogether site, which is no longer functional, having been replaced by a .co.uk without any functional redirects (none that I can see, anyway.)

On the MCT 'About' page there are 17 people named. Can one of them maybe change the link, do you reckon? An awful lot of chefs, not enough broth.

Dean who runs this site is on it (at least I think he still does) and is a good guy so I'm sure the skills are there. 

Archived