Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 106 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McGrattan looks a real talent so delighted with the 2 year deal for him. Garrity by all accounts is having a good season too at Annan so good bit of business.

Easdale though....he's never going to be our new #9 so waste of a wage. Although I assume it's to keep his Dad happy as opposed to his footballing abilities. 

2 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Hamilton, Strapp, Lyon, Blues, Ugwu, Reilly next please

I'm really delighted for Blues. Think most of the fans would be happy for him to stay which is some turnaround. I've always had hope for him and he's really kicked on.

17 minutes ago, so72 said:

I'm really delighted for Blues. Think most of the fans would be happy for him to stay which is some turnaround. I've always had hope for him and he's really kicked on.

I never had hope for him, but very pleased to be wrong.

EOho8Pw.png

3 hours ago, so72 said:

I have to say, there was a point where I was worried he was another Dylan Dykes but he hasn't half turned it around.

Last seen playing for St. Cadoc's in the WOSFL Conference B, where they sit third. They're away to Port Glasgow on the 26th, if anyone wants to go and cheer him on.

EOho8Pw.png

Blues had occasional decent moments, for example setting Gozie up for the winner against Hamilton and that goal against Inverness, but often the game seemed to pass him by. However since Lyon dropped further back it seems to have given Blues a more attacking role and he has shown he can finish. Playing as a holding midfielder is maybe not his forte, but he now looks twice the player he was. With Wilson added to the mix and even Brandon if required, we seem to have a fairly decent midfield. I think that’s where Imrie has made the crucial difference by making small changes. Not sure where Jacobs fits in now though, unless someone gets injured.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

20 hours ago, DumfriesTon said:

McGrattan looks a real talent so delighted with the 2 year deal for him. Garrity by all accounts is having a good season too at Annan so good bit of business.

Easdale though....he's never going to be our new #9 so waste of a wage. Although I assume it's to keep his Dad happy as opposed to his footballing abilities. 

Agree about Mcgrattan. If you watch the Barcelonaesque build up to Gozie’s back heeler effort against Raith, Mcgrattan ghosts past defenders like a proper old fashioned winger and puts a great ball in. Also has a name that fits well into a song.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Unbelievable. Really thought he'd be gone in the summer after his form recently when he was just starting to find his role to thrive in on a football pitch. Tying him up for two years is great too. 

Well done to the club. Strapp, Ugwu, Reilly and Hamilton next please 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived